San Antonio 10/13

I'm driving in from Austin, have no idea where this place is or the best way to get there. Any one from San Antonio want to help me out, or is a simple map all I will need? Parking secrets? Maybe? :worship I'm driving in with my friend who just moved here from Ohio, so he's even more helpless than I am.

And even if you've got no insider tips for me, is anyone from VC going besides me and whatdisay and his wife?

Hmmmmmm?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm driving in from Austin, have no idea where this place is or the best way to get there. Any one from San Antonio want to help me out, or is a simple map all I will need? Parking secrets? Maybe? :worship I'm driving in with my friend who just moved here from Ohio, so he's even more helpless than I am.

And even if you've got no insider tips for me, is anyone from VC going besides me and whatdisay and his wife?

Hmmmmmm?

i'll be driving over from austin with my husband and two other pals on friday afternoon. i've never been to this venue either-i guess we'll just use mapquest. from the website, the place looks to only hold 1,000 people, which i'm pretty excited about since the last few times i've seen wilco have been at stubb's and the acl festival.

I'll be there. I'm flying in from SoCal on a conveniently arranged recon mission to scout for a place to live. I'm being transferred to San Antonio at the end of the month and I know nothing about the city.

Hmmmmmm?

I'm assuming you've already checked out the website, etc.? I think they have ample parking for this place, as it is composed of a few different venues in what I think is an old, renovated train station.

My cousins live in San Antonio, so I'm going to try and get the skinny from them once I have the chance to make a call. If I find out anything relevant, I'll post accordingly...

Holy crap, I just saw the post about this show! I have been out of touch due to work, etc. and didn't even realize they had any Texas locations as part of their line-up.

I am in Houston and will be looking to break away and get to this show Friday. And the above post was correct, the venue is a renovated train depot right off of the Riverwalk area. Pretty easy to get to and should be ample parking. I have a cousin in San Antonio that I will be staying with as well.

my anticipation has progressed from the itchy to the can't-get-work-done-from-excitement stage...

When are you planning on getting there? The ticket says doors open at 6:00 - I was thinking of trying to get there maybe an hour or two ahead of time. (Maybe closer to two hours, given Wilco fans' obsession with queuing.)

i wonder if any vcer from austin could give me a ride home after the show... i'm trying to swing this show and work saturday morning without a car!!

i'd be more than happy to contribute gas money and good conversation :)

please email me at KeepinJiveAlive@yahoo.com. my message board use is limited at present :)

thanks in advance!!

When are you planning on getting there? The ticket says doors open at 6:00 - I was thinking of trying to get there maybe an hour or two ahead of time. (Maybe closer to two hours, given Wilco fans' obsession with queuing.)

not sure, but good point. We're driving in from Houston so I'm sure as soon as we clean up and grab a cab from my cousin's house we'll head on over and hang around.

I've been there for pre-bowl game / Final Four events ... it's an outdoor area not too far from the AlamoDome. A number of bars/restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

This is what I googled: "Lone Star Pavilion, an outdoor, covered stage and concert setup with a capacity for over 3,000 guests."