Box full of letters

It is probably an artifact from the Napster/whatever days when people would mislabel songs (in the id3 tags in this case, I suspect) and said files would spread around the net--often with a misunderstanding about who actually performed the song. The best example of this might be The Gourds' cover of Gin and Juice, which was attributed to about 10 mostly better known bands.

Why is "Box Full of Letters" sometimes billed as Wilco and Radiohead?? I cannot think of a reason for this. That's what comes up if you search last.fm for Wilco. I've seen it in other places too. Anyone have answers to this? :dontgetit

what an insult to Box full of letters!

it must be one person screwing up and then it spread like wildfire. i remember back in the napster days seeing a song called Brandy - by Gordon Lightfoot on napster :shifty

I'm glad it's labeled that way because it's how I got into Wilco 4 or 5 years ago. I was just learning about Radiohead and consuming everything they had ever done, and that was one of the songs I downloaded. The rest is history!

Awesome! When I got into Wilco, back in August '02, I was hugely into Radiohead. YHF was in my car's cd player for like four months. Good stuff. Also, Jeff played "Box" last night. I find that a bit ironic.

Awesome! When I got into Wilco, back in August '02, I was hugely into Radiohead. YHF was in my car's cd player for like four months. Good stuff. Also, Jeff played "Box" last night. I find that a bit ironic.

Strange...Radiohead was the band I was really into right before I found Wilco a couple of years ago. Almost exact same for me and YHF.

You could be me.