Comic Book Movie Adaptations

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen (the teaser, stills, on-the-set shots, magazine covers) it definitely looks badass.

are they online anywhere? so that i too may verify this badassness?

Guest Golyadkin
Batman Begins is the best Comic Book movie ever in my opinion and I am eagerly awaiting the sequel.

I completely agree. The only thing that bothered me a little about the movie was Holmes.

I completely agree. The only thing that bothered me a little about the movie was Holmes.

I can't say anything about now, but I met her back in high school and she was seemed to be a decent person then. My senior year, my girlfriend went to the same high school she did and we met at a dance. She went to an all girls school and had kind of a sheltered existence. I think she was kind of freaked out by me because I had long purple hair back then.

Guest Golyadkin

It is not her that bothers me... sorry. It was her role / character in the film. Either the role was not necessary or she did not do the part justice. I cannot decide, I am leaning to the role not necessary. However Maggie G-something is taking over that role and it might be better.

I think she (Holmes) was great in "The Gift", plus you get to see her boobs.

She was fine in 90210 revisted also.

I actually enjoyed Hellboy quite a bit. I was surprised that Mignola allowed del Toro to turn it into a comedic romp almost completely unlike what Hellboy has always been in the comics - broody, chilling, atmospheric and stunningly, methodically paced. But I'll be damned if it didn't work.

Speaking of work, now I have to get back to work... coloring comics. Sigh. (Yes, it's five o'clock in the morning. WHOOPEE DEADLINES!!)

It is not her that bothers me... sorry. It was her role / character in the film. Either the role was not necessary or she did not do the part justice. I cannot decide, I am leaning to the role not necessary. However Maggie G-something is taking over that role and it might be better.

I think she (Holmes) was great in "The Gift", plus you get to see her boobs.

She was fine in 90210 revisted also.

Cant believe she didnt sign on for the sequel. I dont think her role was unnessecary, maybe overused or too cliche? I didnt have a problem with her role though. Really happy they made Batman cool again. None of that bubblegum kids stuff where the other movies left it at. I am all for making these dark adult side of these popular comics.

I also thought THE HULK was good.

yeah, it's funny, because a lot of (at least older-school mainstream Marvel/DC) comics have that comedic/one-liner element to them...but, as in the case of the last Spiderman movie, they seem to go overboard with it in film. as stated though, they found the right mix for Hellboy...dark, but funny where appropriate.

Guest Golyadkin
Cant believe she didnt sign on for the sequel. I dont think her role was unnessecary, maybe overused or too cliche? I didnt have a problem with her role though. Really happy they made Batman cool again. None of that bubblegum kids stuff where the other movies left it at. I am all for making these dark adult side of these popular comics.

I also thought THE HULK was good.

I don't think she was given an option. I think out of respect they said she declined, but they really wanted someone else to fill that role.

I am interested in the new Hulk story.

Director Louis Leterrier

Ed Norton - Good guy

Tim Roth - Bad guy

I am a big fan of Ed Norton. I see that William Hurt is also in it which I like too. I dislike Liv Tyler. I hope for the best but it seems like a totally new thing from that last HULK which I thought was good.

Louis Leterrier did Transporter which I liked so I feel he can bring some good action to the movie but wonder on the story telling which was what made Ang Lee good.

Tully, i thought i remember you saying something about The Leader as an additional bad guy as well...is that legit?

someone is playing Samuel Sterns, the Leader's alter-ego. But it hasn't been confirmed if he will actually make the transformation into the Leader or not. I also haven't heard if Tim Roth is just playing Emil Blonksy, or if he'll also be playing the Abomination.