Comic Book Movie Adaptations

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the first "scary" movie in a long time, that actually looks scary.

exactly.

here's a very promising review from Newsarama.com

MOVIE REVIEW: 30 DAYS OF NIGHT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Steve Ekstrom

There have been a ton of less than favorable adaptations of comic books over the last ten years that have left plenty of us with a bad taste in our movie-going mouths. When comic book fans see that initial green lighted announcement that a project from within the industry is getting the

alos a few people out here have the script from when it originally made the rounds and all said they hated it. again, let's hope it rules

curse you and your insider info! :monkey I have faith, especially after reading that review.

Kinda Spoils not really, well maybe? SPOILER

I didn't like this movie much, some things I liked, but overall a ton missed for me, great idea, some solid imagery in the beginning, (then they settled for typical predictable boring movie making by the end) and numerous missed oppurtunities, Ben Foster is a highlight though - He's certainly good at creating memorable characters, 3:10 earlier this year, and he was solid again here - Overall, This is a bad script, and the vamps become laughable to me by the end, and the reaction of the theater I was in, was pretty much the same. The girl who plays Stella is just, man get her out of here. I've never read the comics, I think the idea is great and could have been wonderful, but didn't reach that level for me. Although, one scene did really work SPOILERSPOILER (the beheading of B) that was great.

• 1 month later...
That's funny because there's only a teaser trailer for it. No images. Unless you know something I don't?

I don't know about Golyadkin, but I saw about 2 minutes worth of footage at Wizard World Chicago, and I can verify that looks very badass.