Comic Book Movie Adaptations

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Golyadkin

Actor Tim Roth has played a lot of bad guys in his illustrious career, but none of them might be more anticipated than his turn as Emil Blonsky aka "The Abomination" in the upcoming Marvel Studios relaunch The Incredible Hulk,

Superhero Hype

I think it will.... It almost has to, does it not?

not at all. unlike gollum in LOTR, the hulk in the last flick wasn't 'played' by the same guy who played bruce banner. granted, my recollection of the abomination is a little foggy, so i don't recall if he was a big 'talker' or not.

bringing hellboy back into the mix, the bulk of that charachter in it's actual 'super' incarnation was truly played by an actor...again, the hulk, was not so much.

Guest Golyadkin

I have never seen Hellboy, which is odd because I dig comics.

I hear nothing but good things about that flick.

I refused to see FF4 and FF2, and I was kinda disspointed in Superman Returns. I appreciated what they tried to do with Superman Returns but I think they missed their mark.

I refused to see FF4 and FF2, and I was kinda disspointed in Superman Returns. I appreciated what they tried to do with Superman Returns but I think they missed their mark.

I had to see FF movies cause I grew up collecting the comics. There's alot wrong with those movies but worth watching to see your heroes come alive, the action is still good. Same with Superman Returns, some really cool looking scenes but ultimately not good overall.

You know what I wanted ever since the first X-men movie is a dark and gritty adult only version of the Wolverine story. Also another Nick Fury, not hasselhoff, story with all kinds of Marvel Heroes mixed in. A new Capt. America!

i thought the second FF was better than the first, but both sucked overall. superman returns bored me to tears. i realize that LL is the quintessential supe nemesis...but he was done to death in the earlier films and spacey did nothing new or exciting w/ the role.

what about a bizzaro or braniac or darkseid or metallo or toyman or, hell, even mr. mxyzptlk?

i thought the second FF was better than the first, but both sucked overall. superman returns bored me to tears. i realize that LL is the quintessential supe nemesis...but he was done to death in the earlier films and spacey did nothing new or exciting w/ the role.

what about a bizzaro or braniac or darkseid or metallo or toyman or, hell, even mr. mxyzptlk?

Applause.gif

not at all. unlike gollum in LOTR, the hulk in the last flick wasn't 'played' by the same guy who played bruce banner. granted, my recollection of the abomination is a little foggy, so i don't recall if he was a big 'talker' or not.

it's going to be just like LOTR and King Kong. Ed Norton is in a special suit, hooked up t a bunch of sensors, and he'll be acting out all of the Hulk parts. I'd assume Roth will be doing the same, if he does indeed turn into the Abomination.

Also another Nick Fury, not hasselhoff, story with all kinds of Marvel Heroes mixed in.

oh man, was that movie AWFUL. only more dissapointing was 'man-thing' and only more dissapointing than that was (fittingly enough) 'howard the duck'.

it's going to be just like LOTR and King Kong. Ed Norton is in a special suit, hooked up t a bunch of sensors, and he'll be acting out all of the Hulk parts. I'd assume Roth will be doing the same, if he does indeed turn into the Abomination.

ahhh, cool. i think that'll help.

superman returns bored me to tears. i realize that LL is the quintessential supe nemesis...but he was done to death in the earlier films and spacey did nothing new or exciting w/ the role.

They need to do something with Brainiac. Hell, ripoff the cartoon version, and have be responsible for Krypton's destruction. Then in the 3rd film, they can introduce the Bottle City of Kandor.

They need to do something with Brainiac. Hell, ripoff the cartoon version, and have be responsible for Krypton's destruction. Then in the 3rd film, they can introduce the Bottle City of Kandor.

I really like the version in that Justice series...

Justice.5.Brainiac.jpg

...the bloody rubber gloves, scalpel, monkey, etc. Creepy good. really though, i think you could have more fun w/ a bizzaro...some interesting story possibilities.

oi. that just made me think of the horrible supergirl movie for some reason. that was a stinker.

Guest Golyadkin

Roth is Abomination, with a London Accent not a Russian Accent...

he's holding Aquaman's brain.

i know. cool.

Roth is Abomination, with a London Accent not a Russian Accent...

i'm okay w/ them not staying completley on point w/ the comic book version of the origin. accent is irrelevant to me if it's cool looking enough and the conflict is well put-together story-wise.

Yeah, agreed, it was an ok film by itself but nothing like Hellblazer.

I also liked The Hulk - get rid of those giant dogs and I think people would watch it more. I also enjoyed Superman Returns, but Spiderman 3 was, perhaps, one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Just lost sight of what made it good.

Yeah, agreed, it was an ok film by itself but nothing like Hellblazer.

I also liked The Hulk - get rid of those giant dogs and I think people would watch it more. I also enjoyed Superman Returns, but Spiderman 3 was, perhaps, one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Just lost sight of what made it good.

Spiderman 3 had enough material crammed into it, to make another 3 movies.