Comic Book Movie Adaptations

I'm totally gonna be in the Hobbit, mark my sword!

When I was working at an ad agency, there was a guy there who used to do a lot of film crew work who said he was working at the ad agency because he turned down working on LOTR. He said he didn't want to go spend 2 years in New Zealand on a movie that was probably going to be cheesy.

He's now very bitter, I'm sure. Find a way Perm, find a way.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if it was posted here but saw the latest Batman trailer at the previews for 'I am Legend' and it was a huge cut from the movie about the Joker bank robbery. The movie looks so excellent.

Dont know if this counts as a comic book adaptation but did you guys like 'Unbreakable'? I thought it was cool. Back when M. Night was good.

I dont know if it was posted here but saw the latest Batman trailer at the previews for 'I am Legend' and it was a huge cut from the movie about the Joker bank robbery. The movie looks so excellent.

Dont know if this counts as a comic book adaptation but did you guys like 'Unbreakable'? I thought it was cool. Back when M. Night was good.

It is around here somewhere - I saw it there also. I have never seen the last Batman movie - I think it is on TV now.

Captain America (2009)

Bale is great, and BB is my favourite superhero flick ever.

Speaking of Bale, I watched 3:10 to Yuma last night, and that's a doozy of a movie as well. I think Bale does the absolute best American accent of any Brit I've ever seen. His cape is seldom hanging out the back of his jacket, so to speak.

Guest David Puddy

i thought 3:10 to Yuma was a bit of a dud.

and Batman Begins is my favorite superhero movie ever. next to Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (kidding).

• 2 weeks later...

hope this doesn't delay anything.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=146455

FOX SUES WARNER BROS. TO STOP WATCHMEN PRODUCTION

According to the Hollywood Reporter, 20th Century Fox filed suit against Warner Bros. last Friday over the rights to the film version of Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. Fox claims that it holds the exclusive copyrights and contract rights to the property, and is seeking an injunction to "restrain (Warner Bros. Pictures) from taking actions that violate Fox's copyrights and which stand to forever impair Fox's rights to control the distribution and development of this unique work," this according to the complaint.

Fox

• 2 weeks later...
f_justiceleague2.jpg

I picked this up today. haven't watched the feature yet, but I did enjoy the documentary on the JLA. and they added a preview for the Batmanime, it looks really good!

did you get the single or two-disc version? the two-disc has an interesting sounding feature titled 'the legion of doom: pathology of the super villain'. i was going to netflix, but now I might buy that version.

did you get the single or two-disc version? the two-disc has an interesting sounding feature titled 'the legion of doom: pathology of the super villain'. i was going to netflix, but now I might buy that version.

I got the 2 disc version at Best Buy. it came with that little Hal Jordan figure. I plan on checking out the Legion of Doom feature tonight.