Comic Book Movie Adaptations

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was more excited by Iron Man, is it just me? The whole let's just forget about the first Hulk bugs me, not that it was a high watermark, I don't know, I'll see it. Just not as pumped quite yet

not just you. i'm excited about the hulk flick, but iron man is still geeking me out more. really, i'm excited about the hulk flick because i'm hoping they get it right...i did not like the ang lee one.

not just you. i'm excited about the hulk flick, but iron man is still geeking me out more. really, i'm excited about the hulk flick because i'm hoping they get it right...i did not like the ang lee one.

I liked everything, except for the dogs. that was just plain dumb.

dogs blew bad. Him jumping around the desert - that was fun.

I remember that ending in the theater, and Eric Bana's last lines were in Spanish, I leaned over to my friend and said, "so does that mean the sequel will be in Spanish?", which would have been Cinema Magic

That Hulk trailer is mercilessly awful. That's what happens when you're so lazy that you effectively opt to remake the recent bomb you were ostensibly trying to erase the public's memory of. And, I suppose, what happens when you give your prima donna star way too much leash and let him cut the trailer himself.

Also, Jesus Christ, those effects are wretched. After the amorphous, weirdly-stitched-together Hulk of the last movie, I was hoping for something that looked more impressive, not... well, significantly less impressive, let's say.

I don't think I'm gonna touch this one or Watchmen with somebody else's ten-foot pole. Bring on Iron Man, says I.

Chompsky is being an asshole, for anybody who might be new to the board.

I think Iron Man and The Dark Knight look like fun movies, and I'm looking forward to them. I think this looks like an artless atrocity and could well be the most poorly put-together action blockbuster trailer I've ever seen. I'm sure I'm far from the only person who's savaged it. When something is this self-evidently bad, people will tend to hate it, after all. The Hulk is like the Don Quixote of superhero movies, only his productions somehow actually make it to release, in spite of being abortions.

Yes! Now there's a fucking trailer!

I read an interview w/ Norton in some British Sci-Fi magazine the other day and got really excited in the way he talked about everything that went into the development/making of the film...that trailer is the icing on the cake.

Again, this is going to great fucking summer at the movies.

"self-evidently bad"