Comic Book Movie Adaptations

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though i could only hear out of one ear due to an ear infection, it was still enjoyable as all hell. RDJ was great and did an entertaining take on tony stark. it'd rank high in my list of comic book flicks.

the new batman trailer is fucking killer...i think that'll be the summer blockbuster to top.

even the posters are freaking awesome...

darknightinternationalposter1.jpg

darknightinternationalposter2.jpg

darknightinternationalposter3.jpg

i'm really excited that they haven't released any photos of two-face and have really downplayed his role in the film, which (if you read certain interviews) is a lot beefier than the trailers let on. you finally get to see what looks to be the catalyst for his transformation in the latest trailer, but still no actual image...which is good, i'd rather see it in the flick.

MARVEL ANNOUNCES CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, AVENGERS MOVIES

Marvel this morning released its First Quarter 2008 numbers this morning, and along with them, news that officially, an Iron Man sequel is slated for 2010 along with Thor, and two
MARVEL ANNOUNCES CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, AVENGERS MOVIES

Thor could be a tough one to pull off.

i was thinking the same thing...i also think an avengers flick is going to be tough to pull off and not have it be too overcrowded like the x-men flicks. there is also the price tag for trying to get the same actors from the other flicks pulled together in one movie, which i think is key to it's success.

perm, i don't know...it definitely is the summer flick i'm least excited about, but the new preview made it look a little better.

the article I linked to also mentioned the Wolverine film, another new Punisher film (either they blow it again, or third times a charm.) and wait for it....Ant-man. yeah, that's right, Ant-man.

i think marvel needs to calm down, I really see most of those announced being horrible

i hate to say it, but i kind of agree. while i'm totally stoked about the concept of an avengers movie (if it is done right vs. DC's current JLA debacle), the sheer set-up of other movies to get to that point makes me think we could see some sloppy stuff.

there just doesn't need to be an ant-man flick...do captain america (just so i can see a real live red skull onscreen) and maybe thor (better get a good writing team). throw in any other auxillary avengers (ant/giant-man, vision, etc.) into the actual flick.

i hate to say it, but i kind of agree. while i'm totally stoked about the concept of an avengers movie (if it is done right vs. DC's current JLA debacle), the sheer set-up of other movies to get to that point makes me think we could see some sloppy stuff.

there just doesn't need to be an ant-man flick...do captain america (just so i can see a real live red skull onscreen) and maybe thor (better get a good writing team). throw in any other auxillary avengers (ant/giant-man, vision, etc.) into the actual flick.

as long as they leave Wonderman out of it, I'll be happy.

yeah, I'd be happy if both companies (WB and Marvel) put more money into their animated programs/movies. As great as New Frontier was, it would've been killer as a mini-series. I also think the Watchmen would be better served as an animated 12 parter.

EDIT:

the Justice League/JLU cartoon was one of the best things ever, and it was cacelled too soon.

the same with the Batman, Teen Titans and Legion of Super Heroes cartoons. as soon as they start getting good, the plug gets pulled.

just so we're clear...i'm talking about the live action justice league flick w/ the cast of the OC or whatever it is. the more recent DC animated work is awesome.

if they go through with the live action JLA movie, it could very well be the worst thing ever.

Captain America's Shield Found in Iron Man?!

ironman-cptamerica-shield.jpg

The shield is actually red, white, and blue, although you can't see the red in the photo. But if you see the scene in the theater, the shield is actually there and very identifiable. It looks like it is half-constructed and being built by Tony Stark, but you can definitely see the unique star. It is a round shield with circular red, white, and blue stripes.

awesome!