Comic Book Movie Adaptations

watchmen crap:

I didn't know Matt 'Max Headroom' Frewer was going to be Molock.

frewer.jpg

before you all go 'oh gawd', he's been absolutely excellent in the TV series Intelligence.

Intelligence_(TV)_Promo_3.jpg

he's good in Eureka too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know Matt 'Max Headroom' Frewer was going to be Molock.

I confess that as a kid I loved Max Headroom. Later, I really liked Frewer in Doctor Doctor. That was a funny show.

Wanted, looks like something I don't want to see.

i'm actually kind of interested now...but i didn't read the book, so i have very few preconceptions. looks like the type of slick action shootemup flick i'm a sucker for. that said, looks like the premise of the book was way cooler than the flick.

The Incredible Hulk, was a great blending of the old Bixby tv show, and the comic book mythos. The CGI came off much better on the big screen, than on any of the tv/internet trailers I'd seen, and the film was stuffed with so many "easter eggs", it hard for me not to jump out of seat.

The Incredible Hulk, was a great blending of the old Bixby tv show, and the comic book mythos. The CGI came off much better on the big screen, than on any of the tv/internet trailers I'd seen, and the film was stuffed with so many "easter eggs", it hard for me not to jump out of seat.

ditto. i had a great time. it ended up being way better than i expected. aside from the FX being much better than the previews had seemed to dictate, the story itself was just as engaging and interesting to watch. a solid effort.

ditto. i had a great time. it ended up being way better than i expected. aside from the FX being much better than the previews had seemed to dictate, the story itself was just as engaging and interesting to watch. a solid effort.

hulk-773195.gif

i don't know what it takes to abandon the cliched dialogue in these movies, but i really wish they would, my only true beef with this

over 70 minutes of cut footage on the blu ray, almost a whole exta film

isn't 'cliched dialogue' one of the pillars of the whole comic book structure. i realize the bar has been lifted to extrordinary heights over the years, but still...it's supposed to be fantasy and, hopefully, fun.

I liked this movie a lot. Despite my severe dislike of Liv Tyler as an actress (Why does she have to whisper every line?), this was an extremely entertaining movie. But RDJ's cameo at the end just confirmed that every Marvel movie just needs more Tony Stark.

Wanted, looks like something I don't want to see.

wanted_angelina.jpg

She'll make you believe that bullets can curve!

That was one good movie. James McAvoy really steals the show from Freeman and Jolie (They weren't bad, he was just better). From the beginning, it was easy to relate to Wesley and although the stunts seemed ridiculous at times, I was so thoroughly entertained that I just didn't care.

Rose McGowan to play Red Sonja, sources say.

Rose McGowan to play Red Sonja, sources say.

sources also said she was supposed to play barbarella and she's not. she'd make a horrible red sonja. maybe vampirella...but that's even a stretch.

nothing to do w/ movies, but the big wizard world comic con whoopdeedoo yesterday was pretty awesome...overwhelming, but awesome. sat in on a marvel comics panel w/ aricanmarcrumselfdover, but got so wrapped up in picking through bins of 50% off trades/graphic novels (sorry, tully!)...never made it back to any of the panels.

i pissed at the urinal next to formal WWF IC champ, the honkeytonk man, taked for a few minutes to the guy who played cousin it & twiki and got my picture taken w/ boba fett too. a good day off all and all.

I don't think I can wait for July 18th, I'm geeked to the max

July 11th for Hellboy 2 , man oh man, what a week thats gonna be. It all starts next tuesday, the dark knight prologue is on the blu ray release of batman begins, sorry, Dark Knight is like my greatest expectations of a Batman movie ever, coming together, I'm foaming at the mouth - i'm currently in a nolan marathon, building to begins next tuesday . . . can't sit still. I'm going to see it at the IMAX

chills. i'm w/ perm...'batman begins' did a great job at starting the realignment the franchise to the more modern, less campy, darker, graphic-novely it deserves. however, 'dark knight' really looks like that change realized. i'm fucking stoked.

plus, like you said, hellboy the week before. hoo-ha!