Comic Book Movie Adaptations

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, that was it. I heard there's going to be a similar thing happening in the Hulk, with someone other than Nick Fury.

So I wonder who it will be? If I'm remembering and thinking correctly, it must be an Avengers tie in to pump that movie and the Hulk didn't have too much to do with the Avengers. Wasn't the hulk more Defenders/Doc Strange/Silver Surfer stuff.

Samuel L. Jackson is the luckiest actor around. It would be cool if some of the Steranko Nick Fury stuff ever made it on screen. All the Scorpio plot line certainly seems made for an adaptation:

nfs01.jpg

the avengers originally consisted of Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, and the Hulk. granted, the hulk was gone by the end of issue #2...but he is an original member.

that said, i believe it's tony stark/robert downey jr. making a cameo in the hulk flick. at least that's what i recall hearing.

spoiler for the hulk

Stark shows up at the end, offering to help General Ross with his "problem"

I have to look for a link, but the head of Marvel Studios said that, Captain America is going to take place during WWII (AWESOME!) and he will not be played by Matthew McConaughey (AWESOME!)

this has me thinking that the Cap movie will end with him being frozen in the ocean and found decades later by the Avengers, leading into their film. I think it'll be great if they decide to use Bucky, they can go right into the "Winter Soldier" storyline for the Cap sequel.

yep, a long-running feud of sorts. very love/hate relationship...mostly hate, except when they have an enemy of some sort in common.

That's what I thought. I'd definitely like to see them work that into the Avengers movie.

So the plan for Marvel Studios is this?

Iron Man (08)

Hulk (08)

First Avenger: Captain America (09)

Thor (09)

Iron Man 2 (10)

Avengers (10)

I'd be interested in seeing if they make Avengers and Iron Man 2 happen at the same time, with Stark bowing out of IM2 for the Avengers and the movie focusing more on Rhodes taking over as Iron Man at first and then eventually becoming War Machine.

I don't think the new Hulk looks bad, but it's such a difficult character to translate to the big screen because his power is hard to justify to the audience without making it totally over the top. I'm interested in it because of the fugitive aspect of Banner's character.

I think Mandarin's gotta be in it.

And from what I've read, the alcoholism will be a big part of the 2nd movie. I'm guessing the 2nd one has some sort of reference to War Machine in the title.

I still can't get over how good that movie was. It wasn't quite Batman Begins level as a film, but from a pure entertainment standpoint, it's hard to top. It was everything the last Spiderman should have been.

I don't blame Raimi for Spiderman 3. I think there was pressure from the studio to appease the diehards and so he was forced to put Venom in in a bigger role than he had wanted. I think that is why it feels so rushed and inconsistent. I expected Venom to be a very minor player in that one and I think it would have been a much better movie for it.

I don't blame Raimi for Spiderman 3. I think there was pressure from the studio to appease the diehards and so he was forced to put Venom in in a bigger role than he had wanted. I think that is why it feels so rushed and inconsistent. I expected Venom to be a very minor player in that one and I think it would have been a much better movie for it.

venom is one thing, the 'new goblin' another. throw in the absolutely goofy scenes w/ the evil peter parker and the whole thing was just a huge letdown. i've said it earlier, there are way better bad guys they could have tapped into for that flick and didn't. #2 was the best of the bunch by far, probably because it wasn't so overcrowded w/ antagonists ala #3.

Madman-adventures.jpg

i'm hoping the film version of mike allred's 'madman' will finally see the light of day in 2009...it's been optioned to robert rodriguez since 1998. supposedly it will be co-directed by allred and george huang (similar to the way rodriguez co-directed Sin City with frank miller) and rodriguez will serve as 'executive producer'. some interesting casting rumors ranging from elijah wood to vigo mortensen.

i've become completely obsessed w/ allred's work recently.