Comic Book Movie Adaptations

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my biggest pet peeves, please don't recycle old Scores in new trailers. Untouchables music for the Untouchables, you bastards. How many times has the BRAZIL score been used in trailers, I think it's currently in WALL-E

The only time this was ever acceptable, was the Epic music in the Two Towers Original Teaser, wasn't that like Requiem for a dream music or Kronos Quartet something, but shitballs it worked magiaclly, okay, this is what happens when all of franks comics are all made on green screen stages

about half, what did i miss? ohh...guess i missed nick fury.

yeah, that was it. I heard there's going to be a similar thing happening in the Hulk, with someone other than Nick Fury.

took care of the kid all day yesterday. i was going to go this afternoon, but my wife forgot we have a birthday party to attend. :realmad

i will be in a theatre tomorrow afternoon, however, most likely enjoying the fuck outta' that flick.

are we talking the hasslehoff nick fury? :monkey

BTW, it took 'free comic book day' for me to realize i've got a killer shop 5 minutes from my house...total hole in the wall, but he has a treasure trove of stuff. i bought a great original x-men print i'm going to have framed and bought an assault dalek figure they made for SD comicon...then all the free comics and stuff.

they had a huge coffee table book of robert williams paintings/sketches and couple of jack kirby collections i have to own.

So, I gotta admit to not having any desire to see any comic book movies...ever. The last one I saw was Batman (was it 1989?) with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson in it.

Since I'm generally less than enthusiastic about Hollywood's adaptations of ANY alternate media into a movie these days, I've avoided this recent "comic book craze."

Tonight that ended and I'm wishing it didn't.

That's not to say Iron Man was bad: it was just outrageously mediocre. Great acting by RDJ and crew and outstanding CGI and special effects saved what was otherwise a stale, predictable Hollywood script that contained not just one but several lame, forced jokes spread throughout the flick.

Maybe this wasn't the place to start, and the movie wasn't terrible, but it definitely was NOT worth the 8 bucks (then again, there aren't more than a few movies in history that are worth that much IMO).