Comic Book Movie Adaptations

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams' run on GL/GA was great. especially when they got into Roy Harper's heroin addiction.

Macintosh_HD-Users-Q-Desktop-gl85.jpg

Remember reading that the drug issue wasn't as threatened with censorship as much as the Agnew cover:

greenlantern83.jpg

strange.

super cool super hero related sightings:

on the sony pictures lot last week: got to work in time to see sam raimi up in a cherry picker 3 stories off the ground directing some special fx stuff for spiderman 3!!! i do believe bruce campbell was in there with him: there was a tall brunette man snapping pix of the logistical support from that high in the air. my co-worker who arrived a little later saw some spidey-attached-to-a-cable springing around action.

last week: saw Patrick Wharburton doing a photo shoot in front of the lot coffee shop. now there is a striking man, in or out of a blue tick suit.

SPOON!

last week: saw Patrick Wharburton doing a photo shoot in front of the lot coffee shop. now there is a striking man, in or out of a blue tick suit.

SPOON!

You had me at "Spoon".

:wub the Tick

On another note totally unrelated, someone just sent me this.

shazamtv_davey002.jpg

Dude looks like Tony Joe White.

• 1 month later...

Gwyneth Paltrow may seem like an unlikely choice for a comic book movie, but the Oscar-winning actress is set to co-star in "Iron Man."

Paltrow will join Oscar nominees Robert Downey Jr. and Terrence Howard in Jon Favreau's well-pedigreed adaptation of the popular Marvel comic. The Paramount-distributed production is set to begin shooting in March in Los Angeles.

A May 2008 release has already been slated for the Marvel-financed flick.

According to a variety of media reports, Paltrow has been signed to play Virginia "Pepper" Potts, executive secretary to Tony Stark (Downey), the wealthy industrialist, Vietnam vet and alcoholic also known as Iron Man. The Potts character had a lengthy flirtation with Stark, but ended up marrying a different Stark employee.

The "Shakespeare in Love" star was most recently seen on the big screen in "Running with Scissors," "Infamous" and "Proof."

Whatever happened to the Green Latern movie that Kevin Smith was working on?

he'll get started on that, just as soon as he finishes the Fletch prequel, starring Jason Lee. :rolleyes

honestly, I've never heard anything about Smith doing a Green Lantern movie. are you sure you're not confusing it with the Green Hornet? because he is supposed to be making that.

he'll get started on that, just as soon as he finishes the Fletch prequel, starring Jason Lee. :rolleyes

honestly, I've never heard anything about Smith doing a Green Lantern movie. are you sure you're not confusing it with the Green Hornet? because he is supposed to be making that.

Oh yeah. My bad. :hmm Shows you how much I know about comics and movies.

• 2 weeks later...

technically this is re: a tv adaptation of a comic book:

i just found out that on the animated The Tick, the voice of Arthur was...

MICKEY DOLENZ!! :o :o :o

dude, i am moved. arthur. who knew?! :worship

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...