No more Rumsfeld!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best quote of the night from last night's coverage (although, we were flipping around the channels so much, I can't remember who said it):

Expect Bush to make a big gesture at his news conference tomorrow.

Everyone in the room had the same response to that one: oh yeah, we can imagine what gesture he'd like to make!

Second best quote:

George Allen probably could have won this election easily, if he'd just stayed home and kept his mouth shut.

:lol

Bush: "(Going into the election) I thought the American people would understand the importance of taxes and the importance of security. Now it's time to move on."

Basically, we, the people, made a mistake. Sounds like a man in denial.

Yeah, I was hoping he'd finish that thought. :lol

Bush: "(Going into the election) I thought the American people would understand the importance of taxes and the importance of security. Now it's time to move on."

ouch. that kind of has the careful wording of recent Kerry quotes...

That news conference was so uncomfortable.

Did anyone catch and can anyone explain the reference to Bill Buckell (sp?)? A reporter asked the president if he thought Pelosi looked like Buckell (?) and the prez said it was an inside joke that he wouldnt answer.

Anyone have any idea?

Yeah, I was hoping he'd finish that thought. :lol

I was thinking the same thing.

Bush eased up a little towards the end, but for a while there I was picturing the bulging veins on his temples. He doesn't sound like a happy camper today.

Did anyone catch and can anyone explain the reference to Bill Buckell (sp?)? A reporter asked the president if he thought Pelosi looked like Buckell (?) and the prez said it was an inside joke that he wouldnt answer.

Anyone have any idea?

BUMP?

Since a replacement was named so quick is this a plan B move they had stashed for the occasion. I get the impression that had the election results been different Rummy wouldn't have stepped down. Kind of obvious I know but if that is what happened it's troubling that they weren't willing to do the right thing until after a public uprising. If anything it just proves the current admin isn't willing to do the right thing unless they are forced to. On the bright side it's mud in the eye of those who said a dem take over wouldn't have an effect. The new house hasn't even convened yet and there is change.

November 2, 2006, CNN:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush said Wednesday he wants Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Vice President Dick Cheney to remain in his administration until the end of his presidency, extending a job guarantee to two of the most-criticized members of his team.

:ermm

I wonder why Bush would do this the day after the election? Wouldn't they have thought that this could have given the Republicans a bump?

That's what I would've thought too. :brow

Best quote of the night from last night's coverage (although, we were flipping around the channels so much, I can't remember who said it):

Everyone in the room had the same response to that one: oh yeah, we can imagine what gesture he'd like to make!

Second best quote:

:lol

Also concerning a congressman from NY.(I

Since a replacement was named so quick is this a plan B move they had stashed for the occasion.

Gates seems like a rather "safe" choice, being somebody from Daddy's circle of influence. I wonder what would have happened if the results had gone the other way. Would Rummy still have resigned? And, if so, would they have put forward the same nominee, or gone with a more "risky" choice. Just curious.