Coachella goes country

Lineup:

May 5: George Strait, Alan Jackson, Sara Evans, Jason Aldean, Eric Church, Willie Nelson, Lucinda Williams, Neko Case, Robert Earl Keen, Richie Furay, Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson, David Serby, Earl Scruggs, Nickel Creek, Yonder Mountain String Band, the Grascals, the John Cowan Band, Ramblin' Jack Elliot, Riders In The Sky, Red Steagall, Waddie Mitchell, Sons Of The San Joaquin, Cowboy Nation.

May 6: Kenny Chesney, Brooks & Dunn, Sugarland, Gary Allan, Pat Green, Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristofferson, Raul Malo, Junior Brown, Drive-By Truckers, Alejandro Escovedo, Railbenders, Ricky Skaggs, Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver, Marty Stuart, the Del McCoury Band, Abigail Washburn with the Sparrow Quartet featuring Ben Sollee, Sasey Driessen and Bela Fleck, the Flatlanders (Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Joe Ely, Butch Hancock), Garrison Keillor, Baxter Black, Cowboy Celtic, Don Edwards, Katy Moffat.

Billboard story

Discounting the 'headliners' that's a great lineup! Damn! Flatlanders would be great to see.

Discounting the 'headliners' that's a great lineup! Damn! Flatlanders would be great to see.

even then, while there's certainly a few "new" country artists in that lineup i don't care for, Alan Jackson, Brooks & Dunn, and ESPECIALLY George Strait, are all quite good. i may not listen to any of them, but i'm familiar with their music through my mom and other country lovin' friends (and growing up in Eastern Montana), and they're great at what they do.

The country station I work for is giving away tickets to this all next week (before you can buy them). If I'm still in the area at the time of the show I'd love to go. Fantastic lineup and a good way to see some new bands.