Marfa, TX -- 1/21/07

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you produce a picture of Ms. Y not holding a coffee cup, I'm going to call shenanigans of the photoshop variety!

:P

I do have a good picture of Ms. Y to share, but right went I went to post it, my computer went totally crazy. (I'm on my roommate's computer now.) I'll post the photo as soon as I figure out what's wrong with my machine. Hopefully it's nothing too serious...:upset

You're welcome to use the picture. Of course I can't speak for Ms. Y, but I love the image of her being the sole audience member for this impromptu outdoor performance. :D

:rotfl holy cow! this is hilarious, wonderful and such a funny honor! :w00t hooray for collaboration!

Are there any pics of ms y were she isn't holding a cup of :coffeecup? :lol

:coffee

my computer went totally crazy. (I'm on my roommate's computer now.) ...Hopefully it's nothing too serious...:upset

paul! hope things worked out with your computer!! :nailbite

any time after january 28th, so beg away!

For me there is no sense spending the time uploading and circulating a inferior recording. I would like to give Warner (the other taper) a chance to settle in after his week long Tweedy journey and transfer all the shows he taped and evaluate the quality of his and compare it to mine.

I am not comfortable forcing the issue with Warner. I figure when he is ready and has time he will contact me or this board on the quality of his recording.

The VC tracker down is anyway. Lately; for whatever reason, people have become vocally critical when shows are uploaded and not of a quality they seem to expect and demand.

For me there is no sense spending the time uploading and circulating a inferior recording. I would like to give Warner (the other taper) a chance to settle in after his week long Tweedy journey and transfer all the shows he taped and evaluate the quality of his and compare it to mine.

I am not comfortable forcing the issue with Warner. I figure when he is ready and has time he will contact me or this board on the quality of his recording.

The VC tracker down is anyway. Lately; for whatever reason, people have become vocally critical when shows are uploaded and not of a quality they seem to expect and demand.

That is a lot of pressure David... LOL. I have been playing catch up at work - I travel for my job which does not leave me a lot of home computer time. I will dig into the Marfa recording this weekend. It should sound pretty good even though the venue was a garage. I am worried there might be wind noise - yes we were inside but it was cold and they kept the door open which caused a serious draft. Before the show it was about 50 degrees outside and by the end of the show it was in the low 30's....brrrrr. To combat my side location I used the Neumann AK50 capsules instead of my normal AK40's (hypers versus cardioid). Keep your fingers crossed.

That is a lot of pressure David... LOL. I have been playing catch up at work - I travel for my job which does not leave me a lot of home computer time. I will dig into the Marfa recording this weekend. It should sound pretty good even though the venue was a garage. I am worried there might be wind noise - yes we were inside but it was cold and they kept the door open which caused a serious draft. Before the show it was about 50 degrees outside and by the end of the show it was in the low 30's....brrrrr. To combat my side location I used the Neumann AK50 capsules instead of my normal AK40's (hypers versus cardioid). Keep your fingers crossed.

Hey Warner glad you made it home safe! I didn't notice any wind in my recording from my perch but the floor was wood up there and was not very stable, so when ever the guy working the spot light; which was just below my stand would walk by it can be heard. i edited some of the louder thumps out of the recording but my opening set recording sounded much better when i taped from where you ended up. I should have ditched the mic stand and taped my mic bar to the facade of the cat walk. You warned me you were concerned about the floor of the cat walk. That damn martini i had at Jett's and the tequila i had at the mayor of Marfa's house "got me" :beer

I'm hoping you captured the magic a little better than me. i'll send you a copy of mine and you can decide which one is better.

Great poster!

I don't suppose any of you picked up an extra that you would be willing to sell???? I would love to get one and I have had no luck at the Marfa Ballroom site or in any of the usual places. Thanks.

Look in your heart,

Ted

Here's the poster that the Ballroom Marfa people were selling:

IMG_0198.jpg

got one.

in case anyone else is interested. you have to call the marfa ballroom store : 432-729-3600.

Great poster!

I don't suppose any of you picked up an extra that you would be willing to sell???? I would love to get one and I have had no luck at the Marfa Ballroom site or in any of the usual places. Thanks.

Look in your heart,

Ted

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff got a outstanding review for the Marfa gig in this months No Depression Magazine.

I'm not gonna type it all out and i can't find a link (everyone on this board should support this magazine anyway).

This is how it starts:

Think of Jeff Tweedy. Now think of how the edge of the earth might look:

A vast ocean of grass and sky, maybe some ragged mountains in the distance. Now think of Jeff Tweedy playing a solo show there.

That's just what happened on this night, when Tweedy's calendar of solo dates at big-city venues took a hiccup and landed the Wilco frontman in Marfa, Texas (pop. 2,424).

"Marfa rules, by the way" Tweedy told the capacity crowd of 200.

dave