"Black Eye" does NOT suck.

Was just watching the Sunken Treasure DVD and drinking a beer. Things are going along smoothly, and what do I hear?

"Black Eye SUCKS!"

:blink

I spit out my beer.

Not only does the guy who make that statement owe me a beer, he's dead wrong!

So show some love for "Black Eye". Definitely one of my favorite early Tweedy songs; I've always been a sucker for minor key ballads.

:cheers to "Black Eye"

At the Marfa gig Jeff made clear the song was titled "Black Eye" and not "Black Guy"

Maybe the fan was misinterpreting the words and felt Jeff a raciest .

Then again maybe the guy was just fucken' with Jeff like so many do when Jeff plays solo?

HAHAHA Black Guy.

One time I was driving with my friend and I played "Black Eye" on my iPod. And he goes "Why is he singing about a "Black Guy"? And I'm like "... WHAT?!"

Sorry, that just took me back.

I was at the Eugene show when that ass-hole yelled that. The guy was being a dick the entire night, he thought that I paid $25 tp see him. He kept yelling for Jeff to talk about George Bush all night and everyone in the entire place told him to shut the fuck up all at once. Jeff was getting really frustrated, and it pissed me off becuse that is one of my favorite Uncle Tupelo songs. Ohs Wells.....

i love black eye, love the mood of it. my favorite version is on i think the 11.18.97 solo show. it's one of the songs that i'd absolutely love to hear live (and i'm jealous of all those who have recently gotten to). it's the one i'd probably choose if i was one of those living room show setlist makers.

I think Black Eye and Radio King are the best two performances on Sunken Treasure.

Radio King is during a sound check, right?

... Jeff was getting really frustrated, and it pissed me off becuse that is one of my favorite Uncle Tupelo songs. Ohs Wells.....

I noticed on wilcobase that Jeff added Black Eye to the setlist for the NEXT SHOW, and played it a couple more times that tour. Coincidence?