Golden Smog New Album

So I got a message in my myspace account to go view this Golden Smog Vdeo. So I did, it was all right, but right at the end of the video it said somthing like . Watch for the New Album "Blood on the Slacks, Spring 2007".

This was the first I have heard of this. If this is old news, I apologize.

:cheers

This was news to me too, but apparently:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2007-02-02-co...tractions_x.htm

Golden Smog provides some new 'Blood'

Golden Smog has never been known for prolific output, releasing just three albums and an EP during a 15-year period. But on April 24, the Minneapolis-based collective that features members of Soul Asylum and the Jayhawks will release Blood on the Slacks, its second disc in less than a year.

Two songs

Is it just me or was their last one just bland as hell? I found it on clearance at Target. I listened to it maybe once.

I loved it. It was the soundtrack of my summer.

there was talk of this EP last fall, so glad to see it's actually scheduled to come out and wasn't just talk :)

and while the last one is their weakest, it was still a great batch of Big Star inspired power pop tracks.

No mention of Jeff in there.

because he's not involved with it.

and I think Another Fine Day is far from bland, and also far from being their weakest album. I think it's their most rockin' album, and ranks right up there with their other releases.

because he's not involved with it.

and I think Another Fine Day is far from bland, and also far from being their weakest album. I think it's their most rockin' album, and ranks right up there with their other releases.

i don't think it's "weak" either, but if i had to pick my least favorite, it'd probably fall just behind Weird Tales (which is an amazing album, so there ya go)

it's def their most rockin' record, but i can see how some might consider it bland... then again, you and I are both big Jayhawks fans, so we're more than fine w/ Gary's great contributions :cheers

i don't think it's "weak" either, but if i had to pick my least favorite, it'd probably fall just behind Weird Tales (which is an amazing album, so there ya go)

it's def their most rockin' record, but i can see how some might consider it bland... then again, you and I are both big Jayhawks fans, so we're more than fine w/ Gary's great contributions :cheers

indeed. :cheers

any news on KJJ's next album? he needs more output.

also, I think that ...Fine Day, gets a luke warm reaction around here, due to the lack of Tweedy songs on the album.

oh you're so right it does.

OMG TWEEDYZ NOT ON IT? WHO CARES.

:lol

as for Kraig, not sure, but i know he has an "assload" of stuff recorded, but i've not heard any exact plans on any new releases, but i will dig for ya.

Personally, the only reason I ever bought the Golden Smog stuff was for Gary's songs. As I recall, the last album seems to be more of Dan Murphy/Kraig Johnson deal. Weird Tales, for me, is the best one. I do not care for power pop type songs - I hope the Gary and Mark album does not sound like that.

The only Jeff songs I really care for are Radio King, I Can't Keep From Talking, and Long Time Ago.

i'm a golden smog fan and always will be. i liked another fine day a lot, although i confess i haven't played it in months. it didn't grab me like the previous ones. still, i always look forward to a new one whether jeff is in it or not.

these mini-album/ep type things annoy me. they're usually just a mixture of leftovers & stuff not good enough to go on an album, and they're usually overpriced too. apart from that, i just love them. :yawn

Its funny I think I have a different space for Golden Smog in my brain. I thought Another Fine Day had a higher hits to misses ratio then Weird Tales. I dont think they have to have Tweedy to do well (a couple of the new records songs without him are pretty alright) but so far the songs he has sung on have just been better written. I swear its not a Tweedy bias, just the truth. Kinda like how Collin Meloy makes for the best moment on Minus 5's gun album.

Its funny I think I have a different space for Golden Smog in my brain. I thought Another Fine Day had a higher hits to misses ratio then Weird Tales. I dont think they have to have Tweedy to do well (a couple of the new records songs without him are pretty alright) but so far the songs he has sung on have just been better written. I swear its not a Tweedy bias, just the truth. Kinda like how Collin Meloy makes for the best moment on Minus 5's gun album.

your opinion, is the truth?