Pitchers and catchers report!

believing that there's finally someone steering the ship that know's where they are going goes a long way.

You're right about the value of the GM. Without Dombrowski, the Tigers would still be finishing last behind the Royals today.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right about the value of the GM. Without Dombrowski, the Tigers would still be finishing last behind the Royals today.

seeing what the tigers were able to do is inspirational. that was a huuuuge turnaround.

They also traded away Alex Rodriguez but are still paying for him, if I'm not mistaken.

How much of this can we blame on George W. Bush?

Absolutely none of it.

Under Bush's tenure as Team president, The Ballpark got built and the foundation was laid for the three playoff appearances.

Bush was as good a president of a baseball operation as he is a bad POTUSA.

Seeing other people being optimistic about their team's chances of improvement makes me wish my favorite team wasn't owned by evil incarnate. :hmm

Unless his name is Tom Hicks, then you are mistaken.

He means Peter Angelos, and he's pretty much right.

Peter Angelos is Black Heart to Tom Hick's Mephistopheles.

Bush was the one in charge when Sosa got traded. For the record.

I think that was the last mistake he's acknowledged.

Hang that one on Tom Grieve.

Sammy Sosa for Harold fucking Baines...

Grieve made the deal, but Bush approved it. He's as much to blame for that move as he is to be blamed or credited with anything other player personnel moves.

Sorry...can't hang with you on this one. Tom Grieve holds this as his mistake.

Sorry...can't hang with you on this one. Tom Grieve holds this as his mistake.

I'm not saying that it's necessarily Bush's fault. I'm just saying that if he's going to get any credit for good player personnel moves that happened while he was there, then he deserves blame for bad ones. In reality he probably didn't really have much say in any of it.

For the few around here concerned about the DirecTv/MLB/EI deal, it looks like there may be some breathing room in regards to cable providing the EI package as well. I'd think heavy emails/phone calls to your local cable providers voicing interest could only help. It's a lengthy article, but in summary mentions non-exclusivity for DirecTv (if I'm in fact reading it correctly. It's a bit heady).

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/dire...7EC8E995EB26%7D

"The deal is not an exclusive one, as had been speculated, according to a DirecTV spokesman. The potential that DirecTV could get sole rights to "Extra Innings" telecasts raised the ire of legislators, most notably Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass"

"By obtaining exclusive rights to "Extra Innings," DirecTV can potentially deal a one-two punch to its cable rivals in the battle for the much-coveted male viewing audience."

these two statements in the article seemed to conflict, but it sounds promising.

these two statements in the article seemed to conflict, but it sounds promising.

They do. Seems like a lot of smoke-and-mirror tactics surrounding the whole thing. It blows that there are roughly three weeks until opening day and we can't get a straight answer out of this.

They do. Seems like a lot of smoke-and-mirror tactics surrounding the whole thing. It blows that there are roughly three weeks until opening day and we can't get a straight answer out of this.

Thats still the best news I've heard all year though. :cheers

I'm not saying that it's necessarily Bush's fault. I'm just saying that if he's going to get any credit for good player personnel moves that happened while he was there, then he deserves blame for bad ones. In reality he probably didn't really have much say in any of it.

When you get right down to it...he was just the 'face of the organization'. Rusty Rose was the money man who liked to stay anonymous...which is eerily like his relationship with Cheney...

For all you Tiger fans, Bonderman was STRONG yesterday:

Bonderman (W, 2-0) 4.0 2 0 0 2 3 0 2.00

He's been working on a change-up that, if he throws effectivley, gives him the third pitch that will make him an elite pitcher.

When did Miguel Cabrera get so fat and slow? He looked gassed after a home run trot.

Miguel Cabrera was up to about 230 at the beginning of last season before he trimmed down to about 200 at the end of April...

When did Miguel Cabrera get so fat and slow? He looked gassed after a home run trot.

And I don't mind if he's doing that 40 times a year.

2007-03-04SpringTrainingHonorary-9.jpg

Taken a few days ago, he doesn't look too bad.