Pitchers and catchers report!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't back down. How was Pettite vs. the AL last year? It's possible that Maroth and/or Ledezma could have better seasons.

It is possible that either Ledezma or Maroth could have better seasons than Pettite, if last year was an indication of his numbers this year. Last year he gave up 100 ERs. Not good.

But lately, he has been an every-other-year performer. If 2005 is an indication of how he'll do this year -- as George Kell would say, "look OUT!" CY numbers.

Ledezma probably has the greatest upside of all three. But I'd have to give the edge to Pettite.

well..........the Reds have had major problems at short. Mucho errors !!!!

the guy is a vaccuum cleaner. He'll give the pitchers a little extra confidence. He's a better Dave Concepcion, if that possible !!

I am the sarcastic kid though

You're definitely The Sarcastic Kid. :cheekkiss

I think he will help from a defensive standpoint, definitely, but I think they still need one more piece... perhaps a front-line starter to go between the blossoming Harang and Arroyo. That's not an easy division they reside in, y'know? :dontgetit

lots of IF's on this team

after Harang and Arroyo it's a mish mosh of guys.

Eric(home run) Milton, Kyle Lohse, he's got some talent.

our wild card is Homer Bailey, not sure he's ready yet.

we don't have a real closer either, so....... that's a problem, but it's Spring, well almost and we're 0-0. World Series here we come.

crazy how this division is so hard, and the west is so bad.

oh, and watch this guy, Josh Hamilton

You're definitely The Sarcastic Kid. :cheekkiss

I think he will help from a defensive standpoint, definitely, but I think they still need one more piece... perhaps a front-line starter to go between the blossoming Harang and Arroyo. That's not an easy division they reside in, y'know? :dontgetit

Homer Bailey should be in the rotation to start the year. He's got all of the upside in the world.

A nice article on Matsuzaka's first live pitching debut in today's Globe:

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2007...ers_its_dice_k/

As well as a bit on the belief that a Helton->Red Sox opportunity may still exist:

Todd Helton would still love to play for the Red Sox. According to a source familiar with the Rockies situation, the team would love to see the Red Sox rekindle talks for a deal that makes sense for both sides. Would Ram

I need time to think, but me Reds will be OVER 500 fo sho !!!!!!!!!!!

Over 500? That's a given. I'm looking at Wild Card minimum. I'm a Reds fan for decades. I feel fairly good this year. Especially playing in the Central. Pitching is an issue though. I do know that. B)

For the folks who are concerned about the Extra Innings/DirecTv deal, there may be some hope yet:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/26/commentary...tsbiz/index.htm

This would be great if it doesn't go through for myself and others who do not have/want satellite/DirecTv....

I'm too lazy to look it up, but what do these kind of packages cost per year?(didn't see that in the article) Not sure I can see myself shelling out big bucks to watch the O's lose 80+ games, but ya never know. Its a moot point if its only available on DirectTV, tho.

Also, now that XM and Sirius are merging, I'd imagine the games will become available to Sirius subscribers sometime in the future, but probably not this year. :(

Representative says Manny at 'peace' with BoSox

ESPN.com

Forget the trade talk of the past two offseasons, now Manny Ramirez apparently wants to retire with the Red Sox.

"Manny is at peace with his situation in Boston," Gene Mato, one of Ramirez's representatives, told The Boston Herald. "He has indicated to me that he would look forward to the opportunity to retire in a Boston uniform."

Ramirez, who is under contract through 2008, has two additional option years worth $20 million per season on his current contract. Mato wouldn't disclose to the Herald if talks had begun between the slugger and the Red Sox to pick up the option years.

However, Julian Tavarez, Ramirez's closest friend on the team, said that Ramirez is eager to have the option years exercised.

"Would you like Jennifer Lopez to give you a kiss? Of course Manny wants his option picked up," Tavarez told the Herald. "I'm telling you that, he does want to stay here, he does want his option years to be picked up. If they're going to give you 40 million, you're going to think about it? No."

Manny being Manny......

From the tone I'm picking up from reading a lot of stuff on Boston.com it seems that a few of his teammates are getting sick of his shit. No one is gonna say anything about it but I think some of those cats are getting tired of his schtick. Wonder if he's gonna quit in August like he did last year once he gets his 120 rbi's 30 HR and .300 average

Manny being Manny......

From the tone I'm picking up from reading a lot of stuff on Boston.com it seems that a few of his teammates are getting sick of his shit. JASON VARITEK is gonna say anything about it but I think some of those cats are getting tired of his schtick. Wonder if he's gonna quit in August like he did last year once he gets his 120 rbi's 30 HR and .300 average

Fixed it. :)

Manny being Manny......

I was sitting in a waiting room recently when this phrase came up. (Yes, in Michigan.)

The Red Sox fan said "I hate that 'Manny being Manny' shit ... Manny's an asshole. So, 'Manny being Manny' is the same thing as 'Manny's being an asshole.'"