Pitchers and catchers report!

I was sitting in a waiting room recently when this phrase came up. (Yes, in Michigan.)

The Red Sox fan said "I hate that 'Manny being Manny' shit ... Manny's an asshole. So, 'Manny being Manny' is the same thing as 'Manny's being an asshole.'"

I never equate it with the guy being a prick, just a space case. He's a pretty goofy dude. I'll give him some breathing room as long as he keeps being part of the best 3-4 hitting combo in the game.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy Lasorda didn't want to talk about the allegations from published descriptions of his alleged sexual behavior with a prostitute ? except to deny them. A Dodgers spokeswoman said Lasorda, a special advisor to owner Frank McCourt, won't be punished. The team won't distance itself from him.

-- Los Angeles Times

Tommy Lasorda didn't want to talk about the allegations from published descriptions of his alleged sexual behavior with a prostitute ? except to deny them. A Dodgers spokeswoman said Lasorda, a special advisor to owner Frank McCourt, won't be punished. The team won't distance itself from him.

-- Los Angeles Times

The rumor going around is that he would have a delicious hooker for breakfast, another for lunch, and a sensible romp with his wife for dinner to keep himself trim.

The rumor going around is that he would have a delicious hooker for breakfast, another for lunch, and a sensible romp with his wife for dinner to keep himself trim.

Nice one. :thumbup

I don't get this particular scandal. Slow news week, I guess. I'm just finding it difficult to be shocked, outraged, or even slightly interested in this. Seriously. Lurid gossip about Tommy Lasorda? Tommy Lasorda! How is that supposed to sell books?? :ermm

i wonder if Julian Tavares is on retainer as Manny's PR Flack. :) but the article was a little melancholy, don't you think? makes manny out to be kind of a lonely guy.

A little bit. I like the angle the reporter took, though, of going to his good friend for insight rather than trying to unsuccessfully figure Manny out himself and putting out yet another "who is Manny?" article.... I like the fact that he shy's from the limelight.

A little bit. I like the angle the reporter took, though, of going to his good friend for insight rather than trying to unsuccessfully figure Manny out himself and putting out yet another "who is Manny?" article.... I like the fact that he shy's from the limelight.

are you cosox?

Manny being Manny

How long until the usual trade me or I'll get knee problems again?