Ace Frehley, Dead or Alive ?

Admit it, some of y'all like me

were in KISS Army back in the day, lol.

Paul Daniel Frehley, aka Ace Frehley (born April 27, 1951, died February 22, 2007) is an American guitarist best known as a founding member and lead guitarist for the rock band Kiss. Frehley played with the group from its inception in 1973 until his departure in 1982.

Death

In what appears to be an apparent suicide, musician Ace Frehley was pronounced dead as a result of cardiac arrest after consuming more than two-dozen sleeping pills. Complete details are not yet available, as this story is still developing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Frehley

Seems wikipedia gets updated with "breaking news" more often than the real news outlets

get a hold of it lately.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God no. :ohwell I really hope this is bogus reporting.

And yes, I was in the Army after seeing Kiss in '76..my first show (age 14). Ace was my favorite guy in that band.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=67651

ACE FREHLEY: 'Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated' - Feb. 23, 2007

Contrary to published reports, former KISS guitarist Ace Frehley is alive and well and working on his highly anticipated solo album.

It has been erroneously reported on various web sites and wire services that the legendary guitarist had committed suicide.

Not so!

"I don't know how this ridiculous rumor got started," smiles Ace, as he eats his daily allotment of wheat germ, preparing to jump back on his treadmill.

In a January 2006 interview with Guitar World magazine, Frehley had the following to say regarding his current projects: "I've been working on a solo album and a few film projects. I'd love to do an instructional video, but I want it to be comedic. [Laughs] I don't want it to be just another boring how-to-play video. I may not be the world's greatest guitarist, but at least I'm never boring."

I recently got the first disc of the Kissology dvd - glad I did not pay for it - as the quality of the film/video on it is sub par - seems to me they could have done a better job. With that said, watching the band in b&w from the Winterland in 1975, is pretty cool. They actually rock - this is before the the over the top smoke bomb blood spitting cartoon show that would come to define them a few years later.

In Chattanooga there was a bar/restaurant place called The Sandbar.

Lots of great bands would play the lower level which was nothing more than

a covered, yet open patio/deck area looking out to the TN River.

Well, Ace came into town (I guess @ '96) and was so loud the folks living way across the river

finally had enough. The Sandbar had to enclose the lower level to absorb the

sound. The place was never the same and is now the home of The Boathouse.

In Chattanooga there was a bar/restaurant place called The Sandbar.

Lots of great bands would play the lower level which was nothing more than

a covered, yet open patio/deck area looking out to the TN River.

Well, Ace came into town (I guess @ '96) and was so loud the folks living way across the river

finally had enough. The Sandbar had to enclose the lower level to absorb the

sound. The place was never the same and is now the home of The Boathouse.

:lol

That's crazy!

All the great venues disappeared before I got to see shows in them. :(

Now all we have is Rhythm and Brews, which used to be a cool piano thing. Ryan Adams played there in 99. And Wilco played the Bay that same year... Sorry, totally off topic. DawgSong, do you live in Chattanooga?

On Topic: the first time i saw kiss i was really young, and i saw them on tv and they scared the shit outta me according to my dad.

Glad that report on Ace isn't true...