Will you listen to the leaked Sky Blue Sky?

Can you wait?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be partaking in Sky Blue Sky if(when) it leaks?

• Yup. (Oink is my new homepage)
    • Nope. (I'm going to hide under a rock until May)
  2. 2. Either way, you're going to go out and buy at least one copy of the album in May, right?

• Of course.
    • No, I'm a total ass.

I'm glad to see some gentle mocking going on as far as the wait-for-it crowd is concerned.

I just don't get that mentality.

Why would anyone care about when anyone else chooses to listen?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YHF was leaked awhile before they streamed it.

Yeah, but the argument was over how the band intends people to listen. which isn't really an argument i want to pursue any further.

As a last bit of reasoning, SBS also comes out right after I'm done with finals, so waiting also starts my summer off right.

As a last bit of reasoning, SBS also comes out right after I'm done with finals, so waiting also starts my summer off right.

Yeah, it occurred to me that it will be released days after I finish grad school. Not a bad way to celebrate.

In Middle School I was a big classic rock fan. I remember listening through the Allman Brother's Eat a Peach(I'm going to see them on the 26th at the beacon!) and thinking how amazing it would be to sit there and listen to one of the greatest albums of all time, the first day it came out. To sit and listen and know that upwards of a million other people are right there with you experiencing it for the first time. (kinda like when you sit and watch 24 :P)

I have never anticipated an album from an artist that's still making its music. Sure I bought Sufjan Steven's Christmas Box, and i did pick up the Shin's Wincing the Night Away relatively quickly, but never have I anticipated an album like this.

I hopped on board the Wilco train after AGIB and was fortunate enough to see them live and in person(best show I've ever been too, btw), since then they have been my favorite band.

I did download Impossible Germany, and it sounds absolutely nuts(in a good way of course), but have refrained myself to from listening to any of the other live recordings. On May 15th I will go buy the album and drive somewhere very far away and listen to history in the making. Who knows, this could be the album that gets Wilco on and all the radio networks, and (though some of us would not like this) put wilco into the mainstream artists.

I want to tell my grandkids that i sat and listened to Sky Blue Sky the day it came out.

:)

I can only dream :music

Fucking indie-guilt. God, I hate you people.

Jeez, YHF was leaked (yes leaked, it was streamed way after it leaked) and no one was going gonzo over listening to it before it was released. I think Wilco kind of made this bed with that album. It's out of their hands now and has been since they allowed the YHF leak. Drop the indie-guilt guys and enjoy the music when you get your hands on it.

Fucking indie-guilt. God, I hate you people.

Jeez, YHF was leaked (yes leaked, it was streamed way after it leaked) and no one was going gonzo over listening to it before it was released. I think Wilco kind of made this bed with that album. It's out of their hands now and has been since they allowed the YHF leak. Drop the indie-guilt guys and enjoy the music when you get your hands on it.

a little projection maybe? joking. but for me it has nothing to do with guilt or morals at all. i just know it'll be more exciting when i actually make an effort to purchase it, unwrap it, and put it on, rather than listening to it in my room staring at a computer screen watching the shitstorm of arguments that will ensue once SBS starts making the rounds.

what the fuck is "indie guilt"?

Webster defines it as being a "pussy" about whether or not you should download an album by your favorite band or not. Trying to bridge that gap of being a "troo" fan and holding out until it's offically released because your just a swell person and all. I am sure the band will notice and greet you with the song that request loudly at the next concert you attend because of your loyalty and true fan status for not downloading the album. Those one or two records you were going to buy broke the bank.

You're on a wilco message board. I am sure most of you will buy the album. Why even think about it, just download it and enjoy the music. Buy it when it comes out.