Will you listen to the leaked Sky Blue Sky?

Can you wait?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be partaking in Sky Blue Sky if(when) it leaks?

• Yup. (Oink is my new homepage)
    • Nope. (I'm going to hide under a rock until May)
  2. 2. Either way, you're going to go out and buy at least one copy of the album in May, right?

• Of course.
    • No, I'm a total ass.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely buying it upon release, even if I'm not thrilled with it. Loyalty and all that.

I'm currently trying to wean myself off of bittorrent sites, but this is one album I'll grab, precisely because I know I'll be supporting the band in numerous other ways (as I have in the past).

I'm definitely buying it upon release, even if I'm not thrilled with it. Loyalty and all that.

I'm currently trying to wean myself off of bittorrent sites, but this is one album I'll grab, precisely because I know I'll be supporting the band in numerous other ways (as I have in the past).

same here. Except I'm hoping to not have to do any more work than YSI.

I'm gonna wait.

But if Wilco streams it on their website before its release (surely they will....you think?)...I know I'd listen at least twice through.

I'm in this boat. I did the same for AGIB, it was cool, I got to watch everybody battle over Spiders for weeks and then when I heard it myself (also having not heard the earlier versions) I got to finally here what the fuss was all about.

i'm kindof upset at myself for listening to the live recordings, though i did hear some live in person, so it wasn't that bad. i never heard any AGIB songs until i bought it, i remember the sunny day i picked up AGIB and drove around to it, how I kept anticipating some sort of chorus for Spiders, and it seemed like it refused to go anywhere. it all sounded so fresh. i hope how i can have a similar experience in May.

I'm gonna wait and buy it. This will be the first time I've been around (VC that is) for a release and I'm looking forward to the thrill of it all. :blush :P I've been checking my e-mails waiting for the wilcoworld pre-order packages...do they do that?

Of course if Wilco streams it, I'll be all over that. :blush :dancing

I'm right there with you rwrkb. :yes It's the little things and all that. :)

I'm excited that this is coming out, but I'm the kind of person that is willing to wait for the CD to come out. good things come to those who wait.

I'm right there with you rwrkb. It's the little things and all that.

glad to know i'm not the only one, 'cause for a second i was feeling a bit silly

I'm excited that this is coming out, but I'm the kind of person that is willing to wait for the CD to come out. good things come to those who wait.

i've done that with a lot of albums, but it's just been too long for me to go without new wilco.... and i'll end up buying it the day it comes out anyway, or if yhf is proof of anything i may end up buy three copies. haha

I figure that I'll do the whole pre-order thing from wilcoworld. However, that means, since I live way up here in the boonies, that I won't actually get the package until a couple weeks after it's been released. So, I figure I'll get a leak to tide me over until the real thing comes to my mailbox!

I'm going to wait until the vernal equinox to listen to it. I plan on being naked and covered from head to toe in lard when the Moment of Glory arrives at last. As the music plays, I will remain perfectly still, with eyes tight shut.

I'm glad to see some gentle mocking going on as far as the wait-for-it crowd is concerned. I just don't get that mentality. Me? I'm going to listen to it as soon as I'm aware that it's become available. Then I'll buy it at the mall once it's available in stores. Imagine that.