Jeff solo show in Chicago!!

Questions.... Questions.....

What phone number should be called to get tickets, call the Vic?

What would be the cheapest way to get tickets?

Does anyone know where someone who's wanting to come down from Madison, WI could stay (cheap)? I am not sure If I will be wanting to drive home 2.5 hours after.

Thanks!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions.... Questions.....

What phone number should be called to get tickets, call the Vic?

What would be the cheapest way to get tickets?

Does anyone know where someone who's wanting to come down from Madison, WI could stay (cheap)? I am not sure If I will be wanting to drive home 2.5 hours after.

Thanks!

Vic Theatre

3145 N Sheffield Ave, Chicago, 60657 -

(773) 472-0366

To answer a couple of questions that have been asked.....

If you want to buy your tickets at the Vic, you have to go to the box office and I am remembering right now that they only take cash.

Otherwise, you can use Ticketmaster, where there will be a service charge that I am trying to get a cap put on, but anyhoo you can reach them at 559-1212 or ticketmaster.com. I think the area code is 773-if not, then it's 312. (duh)

And I have never tried this, but it actually looks pretty great if you are travelling here on a tight budget:

http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.1853

Other than that....befriend your fellow vcer's and maybe someone will put you up for the night!

xxoo

srmt

To answer a couple of questions that have been asked.....

If you want to buy your tickets at the Vic, you have to go to the box office and I am remembering right now that they only take cash.

Otherwise, you can use Ticketmaster, where there will be a service charge that I am trying to get a cap put on, but anyhoo you can reach them at 559-1212 or ticketmaster.com. I think the area code is 773-if not, then it's 312. (duh)

And I have never tried this, but it actually looks pretty great if you are travelling here on a tight budget:

http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.1853

Other than that....befriend your fellow vcer's and maybe someone will put you up for the night!

xxoo

srmt

Thank you for this!! And especially for the show!

J4!! :cheekkiss :wub :worship :ike :dance

They'll be wanting to print extras of that, methinks!

Note to self -- find hostel guide for western states. It's like camping, but with better showers.

I stayed in the hostel in downtown Chicago for Lolla, and it was really, really cool, and just beyond affordable, especially for the location. I'm kinda bummed out that Ticketmaster's going to profit off of something for charity, but I guess I can live with it (unless someone wants to get me a ticket and I'll pay you back before the show :ninja )

I'm such a slacker. I don't keep up with viachicago.

I just walked by the Vic and saw "April 6 Jeff Tweedy" on their l'il upcoming shows board, and made a quick scamper to the ATM. I got home and realized I have Pat Metheny tickets at Symphony Center for the same night.

Tweedy wins,

Showverwhelmed Again in Chicago

I might find a way to make them available online. Just gotta get them ready for the show first. Thanks for asking and I'll post further info here.

Guest Jules
I might find a way to make them available online. Just gotta get them ready for the show first. Thanks for asking and I'll post further info here.

I would love to get one too. Can't make it to the show. Damn vacations!

Anybody know about the seating? I thought I read that the people that bought tickets at the school fundraiser would have reserved seats, everyone else would be GA. But, my ticket has a seat number on it. I would appreciate any info.

The seat numbers on the tickets do not mean anything. Just ignore the numbers. It is general admission. The only reserved seats are the tickets that were sold at the school fundraiser. Those people paid $250.00 for a seat in the reserved section. But again, everywhere in the Vic is a pretty good seat. It's a pretty cozy room.

Thanks and see you there!!

srmt

Got mine as me and the Mrs. decided to make a whole trip of it: we see Jeff Friday night, go visit some family over the weekend, then back to The Vic Tuesday for Son Volt.

Since Jeff's is a charity show, would these tickets be tax deductible? Hmmm....

i was thinking the same thing, does it depend on the charity whether theyre deductible or not?

i think if you get something in return for donating to a charity, you have to subtract the estimated cost of that thing from your deduction. so if you paid $100 and normally it would be $30 to go to a Jeff Tweedy Show, you could count $70 as a donation.

Then again, I might be making that up.