Opening Day for Midwest Beer Lovers

Hell yes! Thanks for the heads up MJ. And may I suggest when the run for Oberon commences, you also take a chance on teh Hopslam. Man that stuff is dangerously good. :worship

I did go to the bar at the Bell's Brewery once. That was the shit.

That will be a pilgrimage of sorts for me....someday soon.

• 11 months later...

The brew pub in Indy (where I met up with deepseacatfish once) is having an Oberon party there today.

:cheers to all!

Distribution laws have always been unfair and geared toward the big breweries and/or distributors in most states. Guys like Larry Bell can find it to be a tough slog. I was very excited when Bell's finally made it F L A. I am not an Oberon fan (I don't care much for wheat beers except wheat dopplebocks such as Aventinus) but as a hop nut I treasure Bell's Two Hearted Ale. The Kalamazoo stout is also very nice. Thanks for the bump. I missed this. The article about the IL distribution laws was much appreciated.

Got married in MI (Traverse City).

Of course, we had a keg of Oberon (when it was still called SolSun).

And I thought the distributor issue was resolved?

My wife has a tie-dyed Solsun shirt. I only let her wear it for special occasions (beer festivals, summer parties, etc.) I'm a two-hearted man myself. I ran one of the best beer sections in the mid-west back in the day here in Royal Oak MI. Solsun day was always a big event. I'm judging a chili cook off tonight, so I may have to pop one.