despite the name of the forum, I only just listened to the lonely 1

Guest tandylacker
Why does someone always have to be the one to piss in somebody else's cornflakes?

Not sayin' you're not entitled to your opinion. Just sayin'.

My least favorite response to someone saying something from Wilco is their least favorite.

This song blows by the way. You are, the lonely one... Oh come on, that's ridiculous.

One of my very favorite " 3 AM" songs. Sadly, I've never saw it done live yet.

If, in theory, I was going to press the skip button on one song from Being There, it would be "The Lonely 1". It's just always seemed a little too cheesy for me. Plus, I can't stand the way it's written as "The Lonely 1" rather then "The Lonely One".

"The Lonely 1" is a great song, that has been scientifically proven to be the third best song on Being There.

This made me LOL!

Wow, and people used to think I was the board's resident asshole. There are at least two challengers to my throne in this thread (and elsewhere, I've been noticing).

Anyway, great song, very heartfelt. I've seen it live just once, as the final encore, and it was the best finish to any Wilco show I've attended. A li'l ol' spotlight on Jeff as he emoted to his heart's content.

I was pretty shruggy about the song until they started using it as a closer in May of 2004. Then it was beautiful.

I know someone had a little video of him doing it at one of the dekalb shows, but maybe someone else has it, because I don't.