Ozzie put Bobby Jenks in during the 8th innning in a tie game. It worked out. I thought that might make the anti-strict-closer-role folk amongst us pleased.

I've heard that Jenks isn't all that solid in the role in Ozzie's mind, so he might be trying to motivate him?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice outing by Matsuzaka.

I recorded it to watch after work and got through 4 innings when I had to pause it for familial duties. Upon returning, the DirecTV screwed up and I ended up losing the entire recording.

Now, I'm thankful to be able to watch the games with the EI package once again, but....does anyone else who has DirecTV notice that it has a few glitches? Namely, a seemingly sporatic temperament.

He did look pretty solid, though.

I've heard that Jenks isn't all that solid in the role in Ozzie's mind, so he might be trying to motivate him?

Eh, I haven't heard anything like that. Everyone in the bullpen is on a short leash, pretty much. There are a lot of fireballers in the pen who would fit the traditional closer mold. His velocity is down, but it was the same way last year--he had to work his arm into shape to throw in the high 90's. I think I've heard he's added a pitch, but I haven't been able to watch a game yet. He's been entirely effective in his two appearances so far. Ozzie has shown that he is willing to switch closers, so anything is possible.

I recorded it to watch after work and got through 4 innings when I had to pause it for familial duties. Upon returning, the DirecTV screwed up and I ended up losing the entire recording.

Now, I'm thankful to be able to watch the games with the EI package once again, but....does anyone else who has DirecTV notice that it has a few glitches? Namely, a seemingly sporatic temperament.

He did look pretty solid, though.

Satellite media can be a bit hinky at times. I don't know if it's magnetic radiation, atmospheric effects or UFOs parking in the middle of the signal beam. If you have a lot of trees around, that can have an effect too.

Snowing at Yankee Stadium now.

And speaking of guys calling games, I enjoyed listening to the two fellas in the booth for the Royals for the BOS/KC series. They did an admirable job of calling the game with reason and tact. They knew when to shut up and let the game tell itself and when to add poignant comments. Kudos, sirs.

You may see him in long relief if MB goes on the DL and Masset gets moved to the rotation. Or Haeger could move to the rotation. Great game for Masset today.

Is MacDougal still on the team? I assumed he would be the closer-in-waiting, although I really don't know anything about the young guys that are new this year.

Is MacDougal still on the team? I assumed he would be the closer-in-waiting, although I really don't know anything about the young guys that are new this year.

Yeah, MacDougal would probably be the backup closer. All those other guys I was talking about were for starting of long relief roles if Mark Buerhle goes on the DL (hit with a line drive to the pitching hand yesterday).

i just spent 2 hours going all the way down to see the sox play and then coming back disappointed. postponed due to weather?! they played yesterday and it was cold. plus, the cubs and brewers are playing in this weather, too. hopefully it will be rescheduled on a lovely weekend.

That stinks you went all the way down there.

I think it's lame.....yes, they are playing in Milwaukee - what gives?? lame. lame. lame. :P

Hopefully you will get a perfect day for the make-up game! :)

That stinks you went all the way down there.

I think it's lame.....yes, they are playing in Milwaukee - what gives?? lame. lame. lame. :P

Hopefully you will get a perfect day for the make-up game! :)

yeah... i didn't even think to check if was still on! if the make-up game is on a day i can't go, i'll let you know ;)

Satellite media can be a bit hinky at times. I don't know if it's magnetic radiation, atmospheric effects or UFOs parking in the middle of the signal beam. If you have a lot of trees around, that can have an effect too.

Snowing at Yankee Stadium now.

Hell...it was colder that a witch's tit at the Ballpark today.

Tejeda was MASTERFUL.

...by the way, what is up with Manny's do?

yeah - I wouldn't have thought to check on something like that if I had tickets - I just happened to hear about it on the lunchtime news......and was bummed, because all week I was looking forward to the first Friday night game - starting back up our Friday night baseball and pizza ritual.

A Twins fan on TV speculated it was because they used up all their middle relievers yesterday and were too scared to play......that man could be onto something.

This game is just wrapping up now...

Hunh?

Are you watching a rerun or sumthin?

If so, let me spoil it

Rangers 2

Sox 0

Hunh?

Are you watching a rerun or sumthin?

If so, let me spoil it

Rangers 2

Sox 0

And by the way...what is wrong with a COMPLETE game every now and then...

I hate the fucking three pitcher shut out

(Not that we've seen many of those in Texas in the last several years)

Alison, you should have a variety of games to exchange your ticket for. Call the box office.

the back of the ticket says i have to use it for the make-up game. i can trade it for any game i want only if a make-up game doesn't get scheduled. :(