• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OoVjwc4r.jpg

So far so good. Two fer Dunn today. B)

New unis for the Reds?

That guy sucks. He strikes out too much.

Hit .377 in Spring Training. Two HR's on opening day. I think we'll keep him. :D

New unis for the Reds?

Yea, I really like them. Hated those vest type uniforms. We even updated Mr. Red. B)

Yea, I really like them. Hated those vest type uniforms. We even updated Mr. Red. B)

They are an improvement, to be sure. Arizona's look nice too.

I was mocking the people who think he sucks because he strikes out.

I think he's one of the best players in the league.

As an FJM reader, I was right on top of this. It's a pretty common criticism of him though. And I think there's some validity to criticism of guys who strike out a ton without doing much else, but Dunn's power more than makes up for the K. And he walks like crazy too. He's underappreciated because people look at batting average to much.

leaving the tigers game today a bunch of drunks were saying how much they sucked and how they were going to do nothing this year. you go to love those $8.50 beers.

sounds like the bad odor across the street at Ford Field is rubbing off

As an FJM reader, I was right on top of this. It's a pretty common criticism of him though. And I think there's some validity to criticism of guys who strike out a ton without doing much else, but Dunn's power more than makes up for the K. And he walks like crazy too. He's underappreciated because people look at batting average to much.

I'm actually having a discussion on the Marlins board about the value of guys like Dunn (it's actually about Mike Jacobs, but Dunn was brought up as the extreme example of what Jacobs is: high strikeout, high power guys). I think guys like Dunn are extremely undervalued and I would trade Dontrelle Willis for Dunn straight up no questions asked.

yes, Zambrano won it last year, this is this year son.

i'm sure he'll win 20, but not a great start when yer looking for 130 mil.

i guess you missed the part where he said he would win the cy young this year and guaranteed the cubs to win the series. and ummm actually the big z didn't win it last year either. 5th. son.

I checked the box scores this am on the way to work.

All is right with the world again.

I love football and I love basketball, but nothing beats baseball. Here's to a good season folks. :cheers