Joy Division trainers

I wonder if they realize where the band got the name.

I'll bite...haven't heard that story.

I'll bite...haven't heard that story.

Joy Division refers to a group of women used as sex slaves in Nazi concentration camps, as depicted in Ka-tzetnik 135633's 1955 novel The House of Dolls.

I should say: I know little about this band, or have ever heard any of their songs - but I knew about the name.

Joy Division is generally viewed to be one of the seminal bands of the "new wave/alternative/anything that is not hair metal or hip-hop" movement. The debate about whether them using a name rooted in the history of the Third Reich aside - a corollary to the "is it OK to listen to Wagner even though he hated the Jews" debate - they were a hell of a band. After Ian Curtis hanged himself, the rest of them went on to found New Order, who, for my money, are better than Depeche Mode and one of the top bands of our era.

i like the sole print on the JD shoes, but the fact they are white is off-putting. that said, it's pretty lame to have band endorsed shoes on the market. i'd still like to get the descendents vans though (i already have the slayers). i'm a trendy sucker.

I don't know if shoelaces on those Joy Division kicks are a good idea...

Too soon?

:worship :rotfl

POTY

Is there a FAC number on the shoes? If there is and they are authentic some arsehole shout be kicked in the head for giving the go ahead for this. Wouldn't happen if Rob Gretton was around!