Snoozing Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. When the alarm goes off in the morning I...

• Get up immediately or soon thereafter
    • Hit the snooze button once
    • Hit the snooze button 2-3 times
    • Hit the snooze button more than 3 times
    • Doesn't apply to me, I don't use an alarm clock

I don't need to awaken at any particular hour unless I've an appointment or such. Maybe two or three times per month. This morning I needed to be up at 4:00 A.M. to drive a friend to the airport for an early flight to FLA. Yes I did need an alarm, never a snooze. Normally I awaken when I'm done sleeping or my cat is sitting on my chest. B)

Normally I'm a one-snooze riser, but some mornings it's two, and occasionally three.

This morning was a three-snooze morning. Probably something to do with the fact that I had to get up at 4:15 to help my parents load up their car (they crashed here last night and got on the road early). Then I went back to bed, but didn't get any additional sleep. :hmm

Come to think, I never used soap before I met my wife.

Figured as much.

Come to think, I never used soap before I met my wife.

Strange, once I was married I figured I no longer needed to bother with soap.

I'm like Reni... I need a few snoozes to steel myself for the fact that morning, along with obligation, has actually arrived.

I have always been a light sleeper so as soon as the alarm goes off, my feet hit the floor.
LIght sleeper here too.....I don't immediatly get up, but within minutes.
I haven't used an alarm in 15 years. Wake up w/o prompting between 4:30 and 5:30 every morning, regardless of bedtime. It's annoying as hell.
It's called age. Even when I stay out late I am still up early.....

LouieB

I don't need to awaken at any particular hour unless I've an appointment or such. Maybe two or three times per month. This morning I needed to be up at 4:00 A.M. to drive a friend to the airport for an early flight to FLA. Yes I did need an alarm, never a snooze. Normally I awaken when I'm done sleeping or my cat is sitting on my chest. B)

How do I get a job like yours?

I am a snooze-button pusher. Sometimes I push it and don't even remember doing it. :unsure

This happens to me.

Sometimes I push it two or three times and don't remember doing it even once.

That is essentially why I stopped snoozing. My oversleeping got so bad that I had to move my alarm clock away from my bed so I would have to physically get up to turn off the alarm. After a year of that, I was totally cured of hitting the snooze button.

I never use an alarm. Pocahontas wakes me up by turning off the fan (tinnitus) & sticking a hot mug of tea in my face.

Or NOW, putting the Bassegator in teh bed...a few bites on the toes or fingers...that shit will get you awake pretty quick! :lol

I get up and walk across my bedroom to turn off my alarm and very rarely remember doing it. I snooze an average of ten times every morning.

I'll hit the snooze button for however many times it takes to get to half an hour past when the alarm first started going off, without ever knowing it. I used to snooze for hours at a time, but the clock I have now shuts the alarm off after an hour of snoozing, so I'm managing to get up within that hour.

If I have to be up early (I often have to get very early flights for work, meaning I need to be up by 4-4:30ish), I pretty much don't sleep at all. I wake up dozens of times during the night, afraid that I've slept through the alarm.

i set mine for 6:30 and get up at 7.

my alarm is actually across the room so i have to get up to hit the snooze.

pretty pathetic.

i can go a few solid weeks when mentally i tell myself to get up on alarm 1 but the minute i have a break (i teach) i can't get back on track and use the snooze like a crutch.

When the alarm first goes off, I wake up just long enough to program the clock to give me another hour of sleep. Then I hit the snooze button, oh, probably about 10 times before I finally get up. Yes, I need help.