Snoozing Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. When the alarm goes off in the morning I...

• Get up immediately or soon thereafter
    • Hit the snooze button once
    • Hit the snooze button 2-3 times
    • Hit the snooze button more than 3 times
    • Doesn't apply to me, I don't use an alarm clock

When the alarm first goes off, I wake up just long enough to program the clock to give me another hour of sleep.

Ha! I used to do that. Now I've got a dual-alarm system, but I haven't figured out yet out to program the secondary alarm. Oh, but when I do... sweet sweet sleep. I may never make it into work again.

I don't need an alarm clock anymore (baby wakes up around 6:30 every day), but when I did, I used one that had a light that would flash for a few minutes before launching into a horribly annoying alarm. I really hated the alarm, so that always motivated me to get up and turn it off.

I am like Lammy and Reni. I prefer to snooze for at least 20 minutes (though mornings that I have an early flight I get up immediately).

On the weekends, I wake up with Jake climbing into bed for a morning lie-down as it is called in our house then he trots off to read or watch TV, and Scott gets up to make breakfast. I then sleep for another hour or more and it is heaven on earth :)

This may sound odd, but there have been times when I did not have to get up (a Saturday or Sunday, say) and I have set the alarm so that I could be awoken, turn it off, and go back to sleep with the comfort of not having to actaually get out of bed.

It's some weird form of reward for me or something. I could probably benefit from some professional analysis of this.

First the youngest boy starts rustling, then the alarm clock, then snooze, then the cell phone alarm, then the dog scratching at the door, then the cats....

It's hard waking up.

This may sound odd, but there have been times when I did not have to get up (a Saturday or Sunday, say) and I have set the alarm so that I could be awoken, turn it off, and go back to sleep with the comfort of not having to actaually get out of bed.

It's some weird form of reward for me or something. I could probably benefit from some professional analysis of this.

i can see myself getting a kick out of this as well.

when you get analyzed, let me know what they say...it may save me some money.

If I need to get up in the morning I set it for a half hour before I leave the house. Up right away, shower, dress and out the door with some fruit and gone.

Most mornings I can snooze for up to an hour though, which is teh sweet.

I'm pretty good about getting up when I should, normally.....unless I'm really zonked. Then I can hit the snooze button endlessly & never even know I have. I dream deeply.

But the real problem in our house is my 16-yr-old son Brennan. This is a kid you need dynamite to awaken, and he's been this way his whole life. I finally bought him a really cool present last Christmas, though I think his parents appreciate it more than perhaps he does.....it's an alarm shaped like a hand grenade that you pull the pin on, and then toss into bed with the recalcitrant sleeper. In about 10 seconds it begins to emit a piercing alarm, which won't shut off until the pin is re-inserted.

Works great as long as Mom or Dad keeps the pin until the kid gets up! :thumbup :lol

I typically have my alarm set for about half an hour before I have to get up, which is about three complete snooze cycles. But it's really pretty pointless, since after the first alarm goes off I'll hit snooze - but I hate anticipating the alarm going off again ... so I'll then doze/rest lightly and hit snooze again four minutes later ... and so on ... so the alarm never actually goes off again. It's not very restful, so I don't know why I keep doing it.

I'm pretty good about getting up when I should, normally.....unless I'm really zonked. Then I can hit the snooze button endlessly & never even know I have. I dream deeply.

But the real problem in our house is my 16-yr-old son Brennan. This is a kid you need dynamite to awaken, and he's been this way his whole life. I finally bought him a really cool present last Christmas, though I think his parents appreciate it more than perhaps he does.....it's an alarm shaped like a hand grenade that you pull the pin on, and then toss into bed with the recalcitrant sleeper. In about 10 seconds it begins to emit a piercing alarm, which won't shut off until the pin is re-inserted.

Works great as long as Mom or Dad keeps the pin until the kid gets up! :thumbup :lol

My older brother was the same way. One time i bought him an alarm that had the sound of a rooster crowing. It was very loud and annoying and woke up everyone in the house instantly....except him of course. :lol