PSA: Sopranos on tonight

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure little steven has must interest in acting outside of this. I've heard he's more focused on his music these days.

Thats what I meant -- he has future paydays ahead of him in music. I suppose James Gandolfini can parlay this into something big. But who else? Can you ever look at Edie Falco and think anything other than Carm?

she's a top rate actor, so yeah, I can see her moving past it. Imperolli has his theater uprtown, which is pretty darn nice. Most of them can probably kick back and drive a school bus and live off what they've made.

What does Christopher Moltisanti do with himself after the Sopranos? Can you imagine him anywhere else? (Other than hanging at bars in Tribeca and Chelsea - he used to own a bar in my neighborhood).

well, he plays (played?) a detective on law and order as recently as this season, I believe. I don't watch the show but maybe he would start showing up more on it? Hes been in a number of movies and shows and writes, too, so i can see him moving on to do a lot of different things.

she's a top rate actor, so yeah, I can see her moving past it. Imperolli has his theater uprtown, which is pretty darn nice. Most of them can probably kick back and drive a school bus and live off what they've made.

Oh, no argument from me. But so is Jason Alexander, Kelsey Grammer, etc. I just think its hard for actors to break out of the mold and find success after a show like that. And my sense was that the secondary characters from the Sopranos weren't paid all that well. I could be wrong.

I am not trying to be a conspiracy theorist. Just that everything seems to be about money these days, so if a studio offers them a boatload of money, it's hard for me to imagine that they'd walk away from it. Killing Tony closes all options. If you are David Chase do you really close the door, not knowing what the future holds? I hope he does. I don't want a movie.

am I wrong, or was this the wrong week to have an angry Asian on the show. coinicidink!

my husband kept saying, "Tony's going to kill Paulie. Tony's going to kill Paulie." Paulie needs to shut up!

good episodes, but not many left, and things are moving slowly here folks.

I KNOW! I was saying to my husband, "yeah, another builder. building to what?"

the part with Junior was pretty hysterical. it reminded me of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

(I'll take some spree)

"yeah, another builder. building to what?"

Sopranos: The Movie?

Haha, just kidding. I was thinking the same thing. In a weird way, i feel like this season is the same as the last few. Slowly building yet slowly resolving as well. We have a better sense of where all the main characters are now, and I bet the next few episodes will begin to close some doors.

I think these have been three great episodes. Yes, they're almost certainly building toward something big, but the writing in these first three has been outstanding.

Great episode last night.

Awesome internal struggle with Tony contemplating whacking Paulie on the boat, and Paulie completely aware of his intentions.

Phil consolidating power after his "no more of this sh*t" warning last week.

The parallel storyline between Tony-Paulie and Uncle Junior-Carter.

something is supposed to happen with Carmella's spec house. that's really all I remember from the previews. :hmm

I was a bit frustrated with the episode last night, although I really liked it. Tony contemplating killing Paulie? Story lines seem to come out of left field sometimes. Yes, we know that Paulie has a big mouth, but in a span of 30 minutes in, it's to the point where Tony is considering knocking off Paulie? Really? I suppose the joke about Johnny Sack's wife showed prior evidence of Paulie's big mouth, but had anyone thought about that for the last 10 episodes? I certainly hadn't. And now its worthy of killing one of your oldest and most loyal friends? And as a way of driving home the fact that he's got a big mouth they show him chatting the ear off some guy at the breakfast buffet? Really?

I don't know. It seemed a bit forced to me.

I think Tony whacking Paulie has more to do with Tony being aware of the limited tenure of men in his position, and how he must minimize risks in order to stay alive and out of jail. If he can't trust Paulie, then Paulie is a liability.Being annoyed with him is a way to disassociate himself from him.

I heard another theory, that Tony was just testing Paulie to see if he'd crack under pressure (i.e. from the Feds), and became relieved when he didn't.

Did anyone else think of Va Tech when the Asian kid went nutso? I know, Chinese Korean, but I have to confess the thought popped into my head.

Did anyone else think of Va Tech when the Asian kid went nutso? I know, Chinese Korean, but I have to confess the thought popped into my head.

am I wrong, or was this the wrong week to have an angry Asian on the show. coinicidink!
Guest Rufer
he was unfaithful in Sunday's episode.

I know. What I meant was prior to that. It seemed as though they didn't focus on it too much which makes me think...