PSA: Sopranos on tonight

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a damn shame that the Sopranos are winding down with some of the best damn writing since the second season or so. I don't want it to end / Tony to die / Tony to get hauled off by the feds / insert shocking series finale here. :ohwell

• 2 weeks later...

It better be. They need to redeem themselves after the garbage they've been feeding us since last March. I'm not one who needs constant violence (I really liked season 4), but with the the general lack of good ideas in the scripts the last 15 or so episodes and the general clumsiness/idiocy of some of the dialogue as well, all that's left to keep my interest is violence. So let's have ourselves a bloodbath.

Wow. Just wow. Did anybody else catch the name of the bikini waxing/beauty supply place? :lol Fatbush.

Did Paulie say that Sil wouldn't regain consciousness? I felt like the thing with Melfi was...I don't know... not that great. I don't know how else they could have wrapped that up, but for me that didn't really fit Melfi's character. Minor story point, so o.k., but anyway...

I was glad to see Tony kick AJ's ass a little, too.

What a good episode.

You're right, poor Bobby.

It better be. They need to redeem themselves after the garbage they've been feeding us since last March. I'm not one who needs constant violence (I really liked season 4), but with the the general lack of good ideas in the scripts the last 15 or so episodes and the general clumsiness/idiocy of some of the dialogue as well, all that's left to keep my interest is violence. So let's have ourselves a bloodbath.

You're apparently watching a different show than I've been watching. The writing has been great lately.

So much happened last night. Too much, I'd say. Instead of jam-packing everything into one episode couldn't they have strung this out a bit over the prior episodes? I suppose they needed time to build the bad blood between Phil and Tony, but Phil just decides to whack the top 3 in the family? Seemed a bit forced to me.

Still a great episode. I think the gift of the Sopranos is how Chase actually gets you to feel badly for guys like Bobby and Sil and Tony.

gosh... poor bobby :(

I think we should try and focus on the positives. Sure it's a hefty price to pay, but at least Bobby is no longer married to Janis.

:lol

I didn't like seeing Sil get it. he's actually my favorite.

Who thinks Paulie is going to be the new head of the family...though in the previews it looks like they both might get wacked?

It'll be interesting... I like the fact that the episode unfolded because Bobby was carless, Silvo didn't have a gun on him, and their cousins form Italy weren't thorough! Usually Tony likes to make sure things are taken care of but here were three seemingly carless misteaks? :ninja

A friend pointed out to me that Sil had all the documentation from the Bing when he got shot. When the cops show up to clean up the crime scene they are going to stumble onto a gold mine of information. Not good.

Selling Phil down the river to the cops to save himself and his family is Tony's only out right now. He's got no one left. I think this is his only choice.

OK, correct me if I'm wrong here, but in the past haven't we seen Patsy (who was in the car with Sil) talking to the Feds?

I can envision a scenario where in the final episode, Tony gets whacked, but takes out some of Phil's men in the process. Instead of being a victory for Phil's crew, Patsy becomes the witness that brings down Phil and his family for good.

As for Carmela and the kids ... who's to say? Meadow will be fine, one way or another, even if she ends up marrying the disgraced Patsy's son. Carmela and A.J. are screwed up anyway -- maybe Carm will go live with her parents, or maybe Rosalie Aprile. A.J. may finally succeed in killing himself. :pray

It wouldn't be a happy ending for anyone, and that's probably the way it should be.

Anyway ... just a crazy idea. I think it'd be cool if it ended that way, but I'm sure Chase & Co. have something amazing in store for us either way.

OK, correct me if I'm wrong here, but in the past haven't we seen Patsy (who was in the car with Sil) talking to the Feds?

no. the Feds saw him pissing in Tony's pool once, that's all.

no. the Feds saw him pissing in Tony's pool once, that's all.

:lol Huh. I'm pretty adept at hallucinating these things. I could swear he was feeding info to the Feds at one point. Then again, I could swear I saw my car keys on that shelf in the dining room, but that's not where I found them. My brain is a weird, wild place.