Uncle Tupelo's version of Effigy

I had a copy of this song on the No Alternative compilation album that came out mid-90's, but I lost it and can't find a copy of this song anywhere. At least not anywhere that doesn't involve me having to buy the Uncle Tupelo Greatest Hits disc.

Does anybody have a copy they're willing to YouSendIt or something?

Thank you very much!!

It's become a pretty big problem as of late, and it's only a matter of time before a record label catches wind of it and puts the hammer down on this site and it's admins. We dont' allow it for Wilco, so it's unfair to allow it for other bands.

So from now on, anyone who posts a link to a full commercial studio record will be given one warning, and after that, they will be suspended from this site.

If you want to send someone a PM or email about where to find it? Fine, but no direct links, as it's gotten out of hand the last few months, and something needed to be done.

If you want to post links to individual songs from mp3 blogs, legit sites, etc., that's not a problem.

Thanks

If you want something commercially available - you should look elsewhere - it is disrespectful to the band.

Threads like this should be squashed -

If you want something commercially available - you should look elsewhere - it is disrespectful to the band.

No one asked for a direct link. YouSendIt, done via PM, is perfectly fine according to the rules of this forum.

So from now on, anyone who posts a link to a full commercial studio record will be given one warning, and after that, they will be suspended from this site.

He's not asking for a record, he's asking for someone to send him one song that he already owns (or so he claims), but is on a disc he can't find. I don't see the problem with this.

There's other cool "rare" songs on 89/93 Anthology that make it worth the $15 to buy.

Plenty of used copies around too....$5.50 on Amazon. I am also sure there are copies of No Alternative around too..I see them pretty frequently.

LouieB

One of these days, I should actually listen to an Uncle Tupelo album.

I am going to assume this is a joke...

LouieB

No. I've heard a song or two, but never a record all the way through. I was too busy listening to rap music and grunge in the early '90s.

No. I've heard a song or two, but never a record all the way through. I was too busy listening to rap music and grunge in the early '90s.

I don't have any Uncle Tupelo either.

Except, this one song, because I bought the No Alternative disc due to the fact that the Beastie Boys were on it.

What? You guys have like a million posts on a Wilco board and you've never heard Uncle Tupelo? I insist you both go and listen to Anodyne. It's like AM but better.

I think that a lot of people who got into WILCO through Summerteeth/YFH have next to no interest in what came before those albums.

I wouldn't say I have NO interest. I'll get to them in the near future.

I probably listen to UT damn near as much as teh Wilco. That stuff never gets stale imo.