Hate it Here video

Hate it Here

Aamazing video from one of my fave songs on SBS. Check Glenn's fillls, pretty kickin :)

Makes me wish they had a rawer sound on record, sometimes the polished thing doesn't work and it just sounds more real when it's more lo-fi. I'm not talking tape hiss, but maybe recording more things live would really work well.

I know what you mean (I preordered too), but wilco themselves would rather people hear/see their stuff than not at all because they can't/don't want to pay. Our free download was a nicer quality copy than this, and the DVD version will be better still

:thumbup

I know what you mean (I preordered too), but wilco themselves would rather people hear/see their stuff than not at all because they can't/don't want to pay. Our free download was a nicer quality copy than this, and the DVD version will be better still

ditto

Wilco is such the good band. Jeff is now excused for hitting on Jay's girlfriend.

Jesus, what a song. Still my favourite thing they've ever done more than a month after first hearing it. Don't expect that'll change any time soon.

Agreed...that and You Are My Face make me wanna quit my job and join a band...Wilco preferably.

Guest Jules
I'm kind of annoyed that this is on pitchfork when I had to preorder the album to get it.

Don't tell me that is the only reason you pre-ordered. Should be no surprise it made it to youtube. Someone also posted a sendspace link to the video in the other thread, so it's out there.

thanks to tubesock for allowing me to save the video + audio... I listened to it over and over again walking between classes today.. i love the garage band sound

Nooooo! Or maybe I mean Hrunnnh?! The idea that there are less "beautiful" versions of some of these songs rather than just pantherized outtakes makes me a little excited again. How many come with the pre-order? Lots? Sound quality is decent? I was just going to buy it on iTunes since I probably won't spend a lot of time listening to it but this could turn the tide.

OK, I've seen it now, that's what I get for ignoring most threads on the wilcoboard. I wish Wilco on record sounded more like Wilco live, even LoftWilco is about 5x better than StudioWilco, and you know this will be great live. They need to get together and kick the ass of whoever produces their records. Oh wait, it's them.

I am singing that one line at the top of my lungs on June 25 at Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. Jeez, that's a great line.

:yes Quite possibly my favorite line on the entire album. Cannot play this in my car without making everyone else in the car shut up as that line approaches, so that I can howl along with it like a twice-laminated cat.

:yes Quite possibly my favorite line on the entire album. Cannot play this in my car without making everyone else in the car shut up as that line approaches, so that I can howl along with it like a twice-laminated cat.

i am also guilty of belting this song in the vehicle. last week as i sang along a lady that was in the car next to me honked and did this: :rock

was really cool.

The album was recorded all instruments live, including half the vocals. Same room, no headphones.

Well they definitely polished it up. If they really recorded most of it live, I don't understand why they couldn't get better takes. Or maybe they just prefer the more polished sound, cause I think most people would take live Wilco v. studio Wilco.

Well they definitely polished it up. If they really recorded most of it live, I don't understand why they couldn't get better takes. Or maybe they just prefer the more polished sound, cause I think most people would take live Wilco v. studio Wilco.

I don't understand. The better takes would be less polished? Its no doubt Wilco can afford high tech recording, but its all analog, pretty much everything after Summerteeth (SBS included) is way more natural sounding to my ears then any other band at their success level, or below it for that matter.

I don't understand. The better takes would be less polished? Its no doubt Wilco can afford high tech recording, but its all analog, pretty much everything after Summerteeth (SBS included) is way more natural sounding to my ears then any other band at their success level, or below it for that matter.

I can appreciate technical sophistication but that doesn't mean I want to listen to it. I can't think of too many Wilco fans who would rather listen to the album version compared to the live one and at some point you'd think Wilco would realize it and wonder why that is.

Personally I think rock music is supposed to have an element of slop in it, the more the merrier. I'm not saying that Wilco needs to turn into the Black Lips but it'd be nice to see some rough edges like there used to be.

If you've ever seen the King of the Hill with Bobby growing roses and the hippies at the head shop sponsoring the Hill "team", neu-Wilco is like Hank Hill with the technically perfect rose but lacking wabbi-sabbi (or whatever it was called).