Why is Kamera spelled with a K?

maybe the version on the bonus disk was written/recorded earlier

It was you can hear a version almost identical to the More Like The Moon EP one on one of the wilco film bonus clips. I think Jorgensen probably helped them mix it, but the recording for the one was probably late 2000 early 2001.

--Mike

I am pretty sure I know this one. I teach Pre-K and we use a reading program called "Open Court" published by the company SRA. There are sound cards for each letter and letter K has a picture of a camera and when you do letter K with your students you say "K, camera, "K," "K," "K," just like C." Because the C also has a camera. We don't teach kids that C also makes an S sound. So obviously Tweedy's kids used Open Court and like the rest of us who have seen it he realized it sucked and immortalized it in song. That's gotta be it.

It was you can hear a version almost identical to the More Like The Moon EP one on one of the wilco film bonus clips. I think Jorgensen probably helped them mix it, but the recording for the one was probably late 2000 early 2001.

--Mike

the EP version sounds very similar to the way they used to play it in late 2000, so it must have been recorded then

I am pretty sure I know this one. I teach Pre-K and we use a reading program called "Open Court" published by the company SRA. There are sound cards for each letter and letter K has a picture of a camera and when you do letter K with your students you say "K, camera, "K," "K," "K," just like C." Because the C also has a camera. We don't teach kids that C also makes an S sound. So obviously Tweedy's kids used Open Court and like the rest of us who have seen it he realized it sucked and immortalized it in song. That's gotta be it.

Its a long shot. But, am I lame because I know exactly what you're talking about? (I am also in the field). Kids seem to not like Open Court too, but the older grades have some decent stories in them.

when i was in south africa i took a picture of a sign that said "this area is speed enforced by camera" in english and in afrikaans and the afrikaans spelling was kamera.

i'll look for it and post it if i find it. might have something to do with it, afrikaans is based on german i think... idk

I think it's called Kamera because it's not a real camera he's talking about. When he says he needs a kamera to remind him what lies he's been hiding, what echoes belong, he's not talking about a Nikon, he's talking about memory and self-reflection.