Hey, Everybody! Join in on our Pre-Wedding Night!

Must . . .

fight . . .

urge . . .

to . . .

post . . .

wildly . . .

inapproriate . . .

reply . . .

to someone . . .

I . . .

don't know.

There, it has passed,

Seriously, congrats on the upcoming marriage!!!!!

Are you going to be Jen Ouimet?

I actually haven't made that decision yet. I think so!

Must . . .

fight . . .

urge . . .

to . . .

post . . .

wildly . . .

inapproriate . . .

reply . . .

to someone . . .

I . . .

don't know.

There, it has passed,

Seriously, congrats on the upcoming marriage!!!!!

Oh, go for it. You know you want to.

BTW, if it has something to do with the subject of the post, I worded it that way on purpose. :thumbup

My wife went to a hyphenated last name on legal documents, tho informally she usually just goes by my last name. I can imagine that must be an awkward transition.

I can relate to the bit about being responsible for carrying on the family name. For me, it appears I'm likely the only child of my family who is going to have kids--and we now have 3 kids and aren't currently planning for more, and they're all girls. Doesn't bother me any, but I'm getting tired of hearing people ask if we're going to "try for a boy to carry on the name". :ermm Nobody can pronounce my last name anyway. Perhaps I'm doing the world a favor. :lol

I quite like the idea of combining names. But then I would be Jen Wee-vens. So maybe not such a good idea in my case.

Amy and I have married friends whose last names are Dickmann and Cuplic. When a persistently aggresive elderly aunt continued to pester them about changing her name after marrying, (they weren't going to), our friends replied that perhaps they should combine the two names and be the Dicklics.

That shut her up.

BTW, Al did a great job on the announcement! I think you know how much I wish I could be there. :cheekkiss

LOL :lol

For me, it is not a problem. I've changed my name in both marriages to my husband's, and felt fine with it (although it is a pain in the butt having to spell my now English surname everytime over here in Germany, because Germans are so f*cking daft).

In Jen's case, where she is the only bearer of the family's name, I think I would reconsider though.

Amy and I have married friends whose last names are Dickmann and Cuplic. When a persistently aggresive elderly aunt continued to pester them about changing her name after marrying, (they weren't going to), our friends replied that perhaps they should combine the two names and be the Dicklics.

That shut her up.

BTW, Al did a great job on the announcement! I think you know how much I wish I could be there. :cheekkiss

That's fantastic. :lol

Didn't know you were from New Haven. My old turf. I'd love to join but cannot so I'll just send congratulations your way and hopes that it's a blast. Eat some Pepe's for me, please.

I'm actually from Enfield but I've lived in Waterbury for about 12 years.

Any relation to Francis Ouimet?

They could never find a direct link, although Al's grandma was Frances Ouimet.

I shall be there in spirit! Good luck and have a great couple of days - plenty of celebration and boozing ;)

Thanks!

Ain't love grand?!!! :thumbup

Most days...... :P

The 2007 View Askew Prom

Put away those Garbage Pail Kids and turn off that Atari 2600. Your chance to truly relive the 80's is here! View Askew Productions and Kevin Smith proudly present the event that turns back time even better than any crazy scientist's DeLorean ever could!

To celebrate Kevin's upcoming 37th birthday (37!!?) we've decided to turn back the clock and throw a Prom Party celebrating the decade of all decades - the 80's. All guests will be expected to appear in their best 80's formal wear to fit the 80's Prom theme and decor.

The Details:

Date: Saturday, August 4, 2007

Time: 8:00pm - Midnight

Holiday Inn Tinton Falls

700 Hope Road

Tinton Falls, New Jersey 07724

Phone: (732) 312-5168

The Prom will take place in the 'Garden State Ballroom'

http://www.hitintonfalls.com/

The Event:

The event will feature a full prom including a buffet dinner, souvenir etched or printed champagne flutes, a photo and Live DJ.

Formal Attire or 80's Formal wear required!

Tickets:

Tickets to this event are extremely limited.

ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN ON TICKETS

NO TICKET TRANSFERS WILL BE MADE FOR THIS EVENT. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU CAN ATTEND BEFORE BUYING!!

$200.00 each

PLEASE NOTE: Paper tickets will not be mailed out. You must pick up your tickets at:

Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash

35 Broad Street

Red Bank, NJ 07701

Friday, August 3rd: 5pm - 8pm

Saturday, August 4th: 11am - To be announced

Please bring a printout of your ticket order receipt and your ID.

PLEASE NOTE: LIMIT 2 TICKETS PER ORDER! ANY ORDER OVER 2 TICKETS WILL BE CANCELLED!