Forge Jabregas' birthday!*

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fondest wishes for a splendid birthday from the Admiral and I:

gw_jellicoe_02.jpg

Thank you, thank you all.

We had a birthday/mother's day combo barbecue. There were games played, Denver chocolate pudding eaten, etc.

The haul included some board games, a crazy blender, a strange bottle of vodka, clothes, MST3Ks, a book about Clarence Thomas, that cookbook that that awesome chick pea soup came from, etc. Pretty legendary. Oh, and a Bulls win.

All in all, a nice day to be alive.

Hell no, I'm touring many foreign countries. As many as are represented at Epcot anyway.

BUT, there is a chance I may be in Chicago soon for Al's punker-than-fuck reunion shows (I assume that's what you're referring to). I will expect a rousing game of Cranium Conga when I arrive.

You need to spend more time talking about me with your wife. :D

Al's old band has been asked to do a bunch of reunion shows this summer to go along with a discography release and we're pretty sure one of them will be in Chicago. Soooo.....bring your punk as f wife out to the show. And hopefully I'll be able to get together for some hardcore gaming too! The last (only) time I saw you, you were asking me what I thought about Kate. Soon I might be able to see for myself how the whole thing turned out. :cheekkiss

Yes, I am a mailman. Although I am a casual carrier--which means significantly lower pay, no benefits, working 6 days a week for ~6 hours instead of 5 for ~8 (+potential overtime for a 6th). The plus side is that I have no uniform allowance, which means I don't have to wear a uniform. Also, it means that they have to move me to another "trade" if I work as a carrier for a consecutive six months.

I could become a bona fide real boy/mailman by taking the postal exam and getting hired on somewhere, but supposedly there is a hiring freeze. However, I know that some people are getting hired on permanently, but the process is very mysterious to me. I think the people being hired presently have done 6 months as a casual and thus are entitled to take the exam even if there is no present opening. I'm not sure.

All in all, not a bad gig. I've lost 15+ pounds.