Wilco License Plates

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, I really do know the answer ~ it's because you quoted yourself in your signature. Simple as that. Anybody who puts their own name in their sig is worthy of some spankin.

It's really asking for it when the quote itself is not of high quality. There's someone on another board I frequent whose sig is the phrase "what is what," attributed to himself. That's been begging for mockery for a long time now.

It's really asking for it when the quote itself is not of high quality. There's someone on another board I frequent whose sig is the phrase "what is what," attributed to himself. That's been begging for mockery for a long time now.

In my defense, I was not quoting myself. It was a signature, it was meant as a joke, which leads me to:

The origin of The Shua

As for "what is theshua?" - its a joke with some friends of mine, I know this girl whos a wannabe hippie and not coincidentally a total fool.. anyway a group of us went to a Ben Harper concert and after she randomly said "if my name was Joshua I would totally make people call me the Shua..." so as an inside joke, making fun of her, people would say hey shua sarcastically.. It's all about having a sense of humor about yourself... i think it was misinterpreted in the context on this board as I was some frat boy asshole who referred to himself in the third person, not the case.

dearest theshua:

your story about how you came up with your name is funny. i appreciate you taking the time to explain it.

now, lighten up a bit. i don't think anybody hates you here...this isn't really that type of place. i think some dudes are just ribbing you a bit b/c you are reacting to it like you are.

roll with it and laugh at yourself a bit.

of course this is just my take and opinion. you can do whatever with it.

~welch79 (sorry, couldn't resist)

In my defense, I was not quoting myself. It was a signature, it was meant as a joke, which leads me to:

The origin of The Shua

As for "what is theshua?" - its a joke with some friends of mine, I know this girl whos a wannabe hippie and not coincidentally a total fool.. anyway a group of us went to a Ben Harper concert and after she randomly said "if my name was Joshua I would totally make people call me the Shua..." so as an inside joke, making fun of her, people would say hey shua sarcastically.. It's all about having a sense of humor about yourself... i think it was misinterpreted in the context on this board as I was some frat boy asshole who referred to himself in the third person, not the case.

Ok, I thought it might have been to do with some Baseball Player or other, and, as I am from the UK, I was missing the point. Now I understand a little better. Speaking about yourself in the third person is fine with me; keep it up.

The origin of The Shua

So let me get this straight -- you are upset, thinking that you are being dissed and picked on, and yet you defend yourself by telling a story in which you are dissing and picking on someone else?

now, lighten up a bit. i don't think anybody hates you here...this isn't really that type of place. i think some dudes are just ribbing you a bit b/c you are reacting to it like you are.

I wasnt taking it that way at all...

its funny though because this is exactly where a post about license plates would lead haha

Yeah. I think people may have thought that was a boast. Lots of people did think I was called Hank, I know that for a fact.

I was just wondering the other day where you had gone to. It seems like you've been here the whole time.

My name is too long to use in that manner, but I will make a compromise and say, "one thinks" or "one is of the opinion" or somesuch, in the future. Deal? If it's good enough for the Queen, then it's good enough for me too. Either that, or I have to change my name again.

Why does Joss Ackland have a spunky backpack anyway?

Is there some perversion to this story?

Why does Joss Ackland have a spunky backpack anyway?

Is there some perversion to this story?

it comes from this:

it's an alternative name from the 'made-up' drug - cake! (the one that david amess got fooled into talking about in parliament after getting fooled into appearing on the show)

The Day Today and Brass Eye were some of the best comedy to come out of England ever. He is like Terence Malick, only comes out every once in a while and then slays people with his stuff.

Top notch! I am off to work with a smile on my face and a spunky backpack. :thumbup