Wilco @ ALL TOMORROW'S PARTIES

Hello - just got back.

M_thomp and Muller was there are well but I don't have a full set list.

We did get Via Chicago, Poor Places, Spiders (kidsmoke), Shake It Off, Side with the Seeds, You Are My Face, Walken, Impossible Germany and I'm The Man Who Loves You off the top of my head...

It was fantastic - Jeff played the intro to Poor Places with a cheeseburger and was incredibly relaxed and very chatty.

They were staying in a castle apparently!

I haven't seen Wilco post-AGIB and was amazed - it was a fanastic sound and Nels really does add something to the line-up live. The sound was awesome and the sounded so freaking tight as a band. The SBS stuff really does sound a lot better live, there's more of an edge to it.

Hopefully Muller will put up some of his photos which are brilliant. I've only just got back but I'll post a proper review later once I've had a cuppa tea.

Hello - just got back.

M_thomp and Muller was there are well but I don't have a full set list.

We did get Via Chicago, Poor Places, Spiders (kidsmoke), Shake It Off and I'm The Man Who Loves You off the top of my head...

It was fantastic - Jeff played the intro to Poor Places with a cheeseburger and was incredibly relaxed and very chatty.

They were staying in a castle apparently!

I haven't seen Wilco post-AGIB and was amazed - it was a fanastic sound and Nels really does add something to the line-up live. The sound was awesome and the sounded so freaking tight as a band. The SBS stuff really does sound a lot better live, there's more of an edge to it.

Hopefully Muller will put up some of his photos which are brilliant. I've only just got back but I'll post a proper review later once I've had a cuppa tea.

Wow, so Jeff was being serious with the Cheeseburger story! I thought he was joking. He mentioned it during the Shepherd's Bush webcast yesterday, for those who are wondering. I hope someone has a pic of that.

Wow, so Jeff was being serious with the Cheeseburger story! I thought he was joking. He mentioned it during the Shepherd's Bush webcast yesterday, for those who are wondering. I hope someone has a pic of that.

Twas true. I was stood a foot away from the guy who threw it: Jeff did ask for it, and sent the guy to Burger King to get it. He did. So be careful what you wish for!

Other tracks played were Handshake Drugs, Hummingbird, At Least That's What You Said, Shot In The Arm, I Am Trying To Break Your Heart. There were others but they are the obvious ones for me and a sleep deprived brain.

This was (roughly) the order of the set:

Shake It Off

You Are My Face

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Handshake Drugs

Shot In The Arm

Hummingbird

Impossible Germany

Via Chicago

Side With The Seeds

At Least Thats What You Said

Walken

Im The Man Who Loves You

Poor Places

Spiders

I'll post some pictures later today or tomorrow. I have a shit load to go through from the weekend.

Great show though - but Band Of Horses win the award for band of the weekend without a doubt.

:thumbup

:P that's quite possibly libellous (or is it slanderous, or both)..

anyway, can't stop now... off to my second night at the Empire

......I probably won't get a detailed set-list... ;)

Jeff played the intro to Poor Places with a cheeseburger

And the reviewers are saying they are not experimental anymore. Let's see Mogwai do that!

For now, some pictures from the soundcheck, more later...

508109810_3e4705225f.jpg

508109800_8f33a2a257.jpg

508109788_347f4a16dd.jpg

508109806_94741dc845.jpg

I thought Wilco's set was pretty good, but I wasn't so keen on the new stuff. the bands actually seemed to enjoy playing the older stuff more. Still, it was a nice experience after the mental headfuck that was Les Savy Fav.

I had an amazing time, but tough choices had to be made regarding who to see. I missed Grizzly Bear, Band of Horses, Echo and the Bunnymen... argh!

Ok, so for those interested, my photos from the festival are all now online.

510664523_f3a44c2d9a.jpg

510666917_7a579b24d9.jpg

Find them all here.

Or.. you can view a slideshow from the Wilco show here.

Very nice. Bonus points for using the word whilst 5 times in one paragraph.

You Brits really know how to crack me up!

I know... 'us Brits' :brow .. what are we like?

but yeah, he needs a thesaurus of some kind...

Fixed it now... my fault for not making more sense of my hazy notes.

Sorry for letting the side down Tony - not that you've ever done anything like that ;)

Oh, it's you! Well done... have to look into those Band Of Horses, mmmm better than Wilco you say?...

my comment ("us Brits") wasn't aimed at you, it was more a comment on the suggestion that 'us Brits' are all the same, but then I take comments like that way too seriously sometimes... :unsure