isn't it fun buying gasoline?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price here has nearly doubled just since the '04 elections. :ohwell

i drive a fuel-efficient vehicle (relatively anyway - one gets 38mpg, the other 34) and it's still a terrible bite to get gas. the craziest thing is that gas is a low margin item (from post-refinery to the pump), yet the megacorps are still making winfall profits.

Graham rides his bike to work most days and I try and drive as little as possible. We only have one car. We may actually make it 3-4 weeks on one tank. It's been 2 weeks since our last fill up and it's at the half tank line. It's going to hit $4 here soon........it may already be that much in certain areas of the city.

Close to $50 to fill my Honda Accord -- and Kate, it's definitely over $4 for premium here in the city. I buy gas on the tollway -- one day a couple weeks ago, it went up $.15 in one day.

I don't ever think in terms pf premium gas - though, had I, I would have definitely guessed that it was over $4 for that type.

they should add a bike lane on the tollways, yes? ;)

I don't ever think in terms pf premium gas - though, had I, I would have definitely guessed that it was over $4 for that type.

they should add a bike lane on the tollways, yes? ;)

Me neither -- I just noticed it was that high....

and I had that very same thought about bikes on the tollway!

The price here has nearly doubled just since the '04 elections. :ohwell

Of course, the good part is that ALL of our incomes have doubled in the past 3 years...right? RIGHT?? :realmad