• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yanks Mets tonight.

Mets got any chance to win one ? hope they Roger.

If Roger can reactivate that groin pull/bruise/whateverthehellitis around the second inning tonight the Mets'll be in business.

Glavine tomorrow could be a close one, too.

Plus, can they've gotta break that 9 game winning streak sometime very soon, right? Right?!!

that's just impolite :ohwell

Oh please, that was too gentlemanly.

Big papi tossed in the first for arguing a called third strike (actually: tossed his helmet and bat onto the field). I knew that shit would catch up with him. Mr. Arias needs to know when to quit.

The new subtitle of this thread made me laugh.

Sure. You want Baltimore's?

Those implosions are like clockwork. I'm not even an O's fan (I live in the area), and it's still brutal.

i hope the a's can keep this momentum going

And that the Angels start losing a little bit more...

And that the Angels start losing a little bit more...

amen.

however, i turned on the game tonight just in time to see the cards have a ten run inning. sheesh.

Welp, the O's finally fired Perlozzo. I'd imagine the resulting managerial search will resemble something out of Major Leage:

Angleos: ...but this is your chance to manage in the big leagues!

dubiously-qualified potential manager: I'll have to call you back, Pete, I got a guy on the other line about some whitewalls.

This just blows. I don't care about Perlozzo--it wouldn't matter who they had in that dugout. I finally had my last bit of optimism beaten out of me a few seasons ago. These yearly implosions really are like clockwork anymore. But, damn, of all the shitty teams they have fielded for the last decade, this one feels the worst just because I didn't think there was anywhere left to go but up. Mr. Angelos, please please sell the team. (that sounds like a nicer request than me suggesting he take a walk off a cliff)

In other news, since I just moved back to Ohio, my relatives here on my wife's side are trying to turn me into a Reds fan. Good lord, what have I done to anger the baseball gods so???

come on, join us Reds fans in our horror of a season. Misery loves company.

Well, I am going to a couple Reds games in the next month or so. I'm already accustomed to watching bad baseball, but at least this will provide the opportunity to do it in a stadium I've never been to before. :thumbup

the Reds are so bad, they're Sammy's bitch now . . .

I was at one of those games. Say what you want, but that grand slam was mighty purty.

The Marlins-White Sox series has been a war of attrition. It's a series to see who can give the game away more times before recording 27 outs. It's been pathetic.

There's a bunch of reports out on the various web sites quoting Guiellen (spelling?) as saying he thinks his white sox are a "joke" interesting....the Chisox are just imploding lately it seems