• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why there is an easy solution for the Jays the next time they play the Yankees if they felt so cheated and blah blah blah

Why wait for the Jays...I wonder if one of Wakefield's knucklers would leave a welt?

Why wait for the Jays...I wonder if one of Wakefield's knucklers would leave a welt?

or his 72 mph heater

Actually in MLB07 The Show you can get Wake's fastball up into the mid 80's

A-Rod plays thirdbase. If the Jays really want to avenge this travesty of justice, then they should just pull the same move on him. Over the course of, what, 16 games?, I'd have to think that at some point someone will hit a pop up to third with a runner on second base.

A-Rod was on first, and went to third on the play because he was running on a 3-2 pitch with two outs.

edit: also, you have to figure he's expecting that treatment from the Jays, and thus may be better prepared for it than Clark was.

I haven't been keeping up with the A-Rod show lately. So how is the "world's greatest baseball player ever" managing to distract his teammates from winning games these days? A-Rod = Antithesis of Winning.

I haven't been keeping up with the A-Rod show lately. So how is the "world's greatest baseball player ever" managing to distract his teammates from winning games these days? A-Rod = Antithesis of Winning.

check out the last couple of days on nypost.com

I love it when otherwise intelligent people say unimaginably stupid things about baseball.

Alex Rodriguez has posted WARP3's of more than 10 8 of the last 9 years. He hasn't had a Slugging % under .500 in 11 years, hasn't hit less than 30 homers or driven in less than 100 runs in as many years, and hasn't scored less than 100 in any full season. He's won 2 MVP's and finished in the top ten 7 times, and won 8 silver sluggers. He has 7 years of OPS higher than 1.000, and has never posted an OBP below .350

In other words, Alex Rodriguez wins a lot of baseball games by himself. He is absurdly good at playing baseball, which leads to winning games. A lineup full of Arods would score between 6.5 and 10 runs per game. He is so good it makes my brain hurt when people say he is not good, or that he can't win, etc.

Okay, but Earl, here's thing. How do any of those things actually contribute to winning? Homeruns, doubles, put outs, getting on base...I just don't see how any of those things contribute to the team. The way to win is not by scoring "runs" or by preventing the other team from scoring "runs". It's by being gritty and having a sparkle in your eye. See: Jeter, Derek.

Okay, but Earl, here's thing. How do any of those things actually contribute to winning? Homeruns, doubles, put outs, getting on base...I just don't see how any of those things contribute to the team. The way to win is not by scoring "runs" or by preventing the other team from scoring "runs". It's by being gritty and having a sparkle in your eye. See: Jeter, Derek.

Don't you mean Scott Brosius, dummy?

Too many stats!

I remember the good old days watching a game on tv, you got batting avg, HR, and RBI's thats it....

They are fun to look at though. I can't imagine any other sport having as many stats as baseball

Oh yeah, Jeter is totally just ripping off Brosius's schtick.

Apologies to Mr. Brosius, he of the career OPS+ of 95. That guy was awesome.

In his defense, he was really good in 1996.

And that was about as good as Arod's worst season.

One guy I always liked from those Yankees teams was Knoblauch, and he was actually a pretty good player.

I love it when otherwise intelligent people say unimaginably stupid things about baseball.

Alex Rodriguez has posted WARP3's of more than 10 8 of the last 9 years. He hasn't had a Slugging % under .500 in 11 years, hasn't hit less than 30 homers or driven in less than 100 runs in as many years, and hasn't scored less than 100 in any full season. He's won 2 MVP's and finished in the top ten 7 times, and won 8 silver sluggers. He has 7 years of OPS higher than 1.000, and has never posted an OBP below .350

In other words, Alex Rodriguez wins a lot of baseball games by himself. He is absurdly good at playing baseball, which leads to winning games. A lineup full of Arods would score between 6.5 and 10 runs per game. He is so good it makes my brain hurt when people say he is not good, or that he can't win, etc.

A lineup of A-Rods would score less than 4 runs a game because when 1 of them was hot the other 8 would suck and when the other 8 was hot the 1 would suck. And at any given time, 3 to 4 of them would be distracting the other 6 or 7 that were trying to just play baseball.

And people should stop comparing Jeter and A-Rod except in 1 category: gettin' booty.

I'd have to say "gettin' booty" is probably the one category that Jeter can beat Arod in now that Arod's married and all. Not that's he's stopped trying, apparently.

I'd have to say "gettin' booty" is probably the one category that Jeter can beat Arod in now that Arod's married and all. Not that's he's stopped trying, apparently.

Even if he stopped trying I don't think he could ward off the amount of :HONK those guys get.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Chuck go through the agony of perpetual yips near the end.

:yes

20010211mag-ankiel.8.jpg

"Have you heard the news?" he said, with a grin,

"The Yankees' second baseman's gone mad!"

"Where?" "Downtown." "When?" "Last night."

"Hmm, say, that's too bad!

clemens.jpg

I understand why he didn't do it, but I really wish Piazza would have pounded the shit out of Clemens after that.

I understand why he didn't do it, but I really wish Piazza would have pounded the shit out of Clemens after that.

Piazza looks tough and all but Clemens would crush him like a grape. And by the look on Clemens face in that picture, he was ready for a fight.

Mariners World Series titles=0

Rangers World Series titles=0

Yankees World Series titles since A-Rod joined the team=0

Stats are nice, but it's all about the rings.

They should put on an exhibition game of 9 A-Rods against some random team for All-Star Weekend. Make it a 7 inning game. ARod hits over and over again and when he gets on base they could do like we did when I was a kid playing stickball. Imaginery runner on 2nd base.

That would solve this once and for all.

I haven't figured out the pitching and fielding part though.