I don't think I have either, although I also can only think of a few instances where I could hear what someone on the field of play was saying/yelling.

Yeah of course not. I mean more that, in general, when players are rounding the bases on popups if you watch them, they generally just put their heads down and run. Or just dog it and don't run. I have never seen a player running and saying something or yelling at a fielder while running.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of feel like if the Jays feel he did something wrong, they get to play the Yankees 14 or 15 more times. They've got like 60 chances to get back at him with a fastball to the numbers.

[/story]

I have never seen a player running and saying something or yelling at a fielder while running.

Because it doesn't happen at the professional level. Heck, it doesn't happen in Little League.

I think that he said " I got it" or something to that effect.

There is no question in my mind (based on the two replays I've seen) that he did not say anything like "I got it." It appeared that he said "hey," although I'll concede that it's possible, though unlikely, that he said "me."

I say again, much ado about nothing. Nobody's going to get hurt on a phantom "got it" call - as bobbob pointed out, the problems arise when somebody fails to call for the ball. And shit like this (maybe not exactly like it, but just as devious) happens all the time.

I say again, much ado about nothing. Nobody's going to get hurt on a phantom "got it" call - as bobbob MrRain422 pointed out, the problems arise when somebody fails to call for the ball. And shit like this (maybe not exactly like it, but just as devious) happens all the time.

It's important to cite your sources properly. :monkey

And speaking of Giambi, he's out at least three weeks and possibly longer after tearing tissue in the arch of his left foot while rounding the bases on a home run.

Good riddance. He will not be missed among us Yanks fans. He's a bum and a distraction. Plus, they can finally add a much needed fifth outfielder to the active roster, probably either Kevin Thompson or Kevin Reese. They still have Andy Phillips in AAA but that would give them three first basemen (even though AP is playing second down in Scranton). Jaybone is going to be out for longer than 3 weeks. My guess is a return after the all-star break.

Good riddance. He will not be missed among us Yanks fans. He's a bum and a distraction. Plus, they can finally add a much needed fifth outfielder to the active roster, probably either Kevin Thompson or Kevin Reese.

So you are happy to get rid of your starting DH so that you can pick up a fifth outfielder?

I agree. The Yankees are scoring way too many runs as a team. The one thing that they really need to win more games is a minor league outfielder who won't keep getting on base the way that pesky Giambi does to bring those run totals down.

And hey, maybe one of them can pitch a few innings too.

I agree. The Yankees are scoring way too many runs as a team. The one thing that they really need to win more games is a minor league outfielder who won't keep getting on base the way that pesky Giambi does to bring those run totals down.

:) great minds

At least they won't clog up the basepaths.

Hey, what were we saying about citing sources? Give Dusty Baker his due.

Sorry.

In other news:

Giants | Team trades Benitez to Marlins

Thu, 31 May 2007 18:28:55 -0700

Henry Schulman, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports the San Francisco Giants have traded CL Armando Benitez to the Florida Marlins. The deal could be announced following the Giants' game against the New York Mets Thursday, May 31. It is unclear what the Giants will receive in return, but it is believed to be a major league player.

"meh". Wonder who we gave up.

Mets take 2 of 3 from the Giants. This is turning out to be a fun year for Mets fans. Even without Pedro.

There was an interesting article in the Post the other day about how Mets fans cant boo Bonds (they did) if they also don't boo Mota (they didn't). I agree with this.

So you are happy to get rid of your starting DH so that you can pick up a fifth outfielder?

Not exactly. This allows Damon and Abreu to get more starts at DH with Melky Cabrera filling in in CF and RF. He is their best defensive outfielder. Giambi does get on base and hit a few homeruns but he can't get around the bases. He's not aging gracefully. He's not all that clutch either.

Let's see how they do during his absense.

Sorry.

In other news:

Giants | Team trades Benitez to Marlins

Thu, 31 May 2007 18:28:55 -0700

Henry Schulman, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports the San Francisco Giants have traded CL Armando Benitez to the Florida Marlins. The deal could be announced following the Giants' game against the New York Mets Thursday, May 31. It is unclear what the Giants will receive in return, but it is believed to be a major league player.

"meh". Wonder who we gave up.

Apparently it's Randy Messenger. Not an awful trade. Messy's got a live arm, but he's got the straightest fastball ever.

Let's see how they do during his absense.

Thats a good team regardless of Giambi playing or not. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on a little run once they get Wang, Pettite, Mussina, and Rocket pitching, and then all of the idiot sports writers and idiot yankees fans will say it's because Giambi isn't clogging up the basepaths (Dusty Baker) and that Cabrera plays with more heart and grit and true yankeeism. And they'll be flat out wrong.