Amsterdam.........?

Wow last night was amazing, just unbelievably good.

First time i've ever seen them live... they just kept going and going and taking me to new planes of existence. Wow.

I can't write too much because unfortunately I have an exam to do in three hours (!)... but here's a rough setlist. I remember the first few and the last songs, and the rest are a jumble. But I'm 99% certain i've written down all 23 songs.

Hopefully there's a boot of this gig...

Either Way

You Are My Face

I am trying to break your heart

Handshake Drugs

... memory blur...

I'm the man who loves you

Hummingbird

--encore break--

On and On and On

Pot Kettle Black (HOLY FUCK)

Poor Places

Spiders

--Encore break--

Misunderstood

Late Greats

I'm A Wheel

The other songs were:

War on War

Sky Blue Sky

Via Chicago

Shake It Off

Impossible Germany

Shot in the Arm

Jesus, etc.

Walken

Side with the Seeds

At least that's what you said

I did indeed hit a Wifi drought, Dunja.

But have no fear, the setlist from last night's final club show on the Euro tour was as follows:

Either Way

You Are My Face

IATTBYH

Handshake Drugs

War on War (w/A Shot in the Arm false start)

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

At Least That's What You Said

A Shot in the Arm

Side With The Seeds

Via Chicago

Shake It Off

Jesus, etc.

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

---------------------------------

On and On and On

Pot Kettle Black

Poor Places>

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

----------------------------------

Misunderstood

The Late Greats

I'm A Wheel

There was, Jeff said, another curfew in place, so that's why the band sort of rushed through without much banter. But you could tell they were having fun. I think my highlights last night were Impossible Germany (Nels' solo was maybe the best on the tour) and On and On and On (I think this one just keeps getting better live) and of course, Pot Kettle Black.

Paradiso was not exactly what I expected, but beautiful inside nonetheless. (For those interested, a very, very high stage, almost to Orpheum in Madison proportions).

And after a pretty rude reception in Gent the night before, I was glad that Carla ended the tour on a good note with one of her best sets:

-Times Square (w/Nels Cline)

-Marmalade (w/Nels Cline, Bobb Bruno and Mike Jorgensen)

-Baby, That's The Creeps (w/Nels Cline [briefly] and Mike Jorgensen)

-Nels' Box>Pissing (w/Nels Cline, Bobb Bruno, Glenn Kotche and Mike Jorgensen)

All in all, a fun, fun time with some awesome people. Can't wait to do it again soon! :)

*phew* There he is :D

Thanks for the last but not least review of this - for us way too short - tour, Jeffrey really has to work on his timing :brow :lol

Oh, and if you ever feel like changing your custom user text, how about "Schweinekamm!!" :dance

after being a wilco fan for a couple of years now (ever since their amsterdam show in 2002), I finally decided to join up to apologize for getting heard at last night's show and explain..

:shy (those who were at the show know what I'm talking about)

I consider saying "play one of your own songs" a compliment because it says in a very bent way that all the songs that are played are so good, they just can't be all own songs.

usually bands have a couple of okay songs, but the best songs out of a set often are covers.

so saying "play one of your own songs" to me is saying that they are all winners.

it left my lips before I could help it.. sorry 'bout that.. ;) at least I got the whole band smiling, they looked so serious playing without breaks

to me this gig equaled the 2002 gig, making it the best show I saw this year, and I see about 1000 bands a year..

tonight's live version of 'shake it off' was one of the highlights from the new album to me.

I hope I get a chance to see them again somewhere in the states this summer..

:dance eric.

No need to apologize kidsdontsmoke.....lots of fun 'eh!!!

I too hope the show was taped!!! I looked around from where i was in the back, but didnt notice any tapers (in my limited view) It's been a couple of years since I've seen them (other than a couple of Festivals) and I was blown away. The last few club shows I saw them at (in the states) I thought they were lacking that spark of excitement, BUT NOT LAST NIGHT!! Incredible!!!

So, I've never posted in the forums (unitll right now obvouisly) but one of the reasons I signed up (other than to say G.D. Wilco Were HOT last night) was to ask what happened to the bt.via.chicago site? I forced myself out of the bit torrent world beause I felt myself obsessing to much over collecting as many shows as possible by the MANY bands I love, but went there a few weeks ago to check up on the current crop of live Wilco and found it to be gone. What's the story there?

Anyway, what an Amazing show last!!! My Faith in Wilco is forever restored!!!!!!

I too hope the show was taped!!! I looked around from where i was in the back, but didnt notice any tapers (in my limited view)

I definitely saw a mic stand right in front of the soundboard, with two small mics on top. Not sure if that was the band's rig or not, do they 'audience tape' themselves at every show? Here's hoping for a torrent...

Great gig, by the way. It was the first Wilco concert I attended. Paradiso was seriously packed last night, great atmosphere. Chatted to Pat a bit after the show, when I bumped into him in the lobby. Nice guy.

Roel

I did indeed hit a Wifi drought, Dunja.

But have no fear, the setlist from last night's final club show on the Euro tour was as follows:

Either Way

You Are My Face

IATTBYH

Handshake Drugs

War on War (w/A Shot in the Arm false start)

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

At Least That's What You Said

A Shot in the Arm

Side With The Seeds

Via Chicago

Shake It Off

Jesus, etc.

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

---------------------------------

On and On and On

Pot Kettle Black

Poor Places>

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

----------------------------------

Misunderstood

The Late Greats

I'm A Wheel

Thanks for confirming the setlist, but i'm 100% certain they played Hummingbird after I'm The Man Who Loves You, pre-encore.

Loved the Jeff dance, although it wasn't as flamboyant as I've seen it on vids floating around the internet...

Thanks for confirming the setlist, but i'm 100% certain they played Hummingbird after I'm The Man Who Loves You, pre-encore.

Yeah, you're right. I fixed it in my earlier post. Funny, I'm 100 percent certain I typed it in, but as I was working on an extremely ghetto computer in an Internet cafe-cum-laundromat, it must have gotten deleted somehow. This is my first time online since then, so thanks for pointing that out. :thumbup

:w00t Marijn! F*ck, I knew we should've gone :( How are things over there?

Dunja! Looks like I'm back on the Wilco-track, after months of studyi.... ehm... living the student life :yay

How's life on the east side of the border?

Dunja! Looks like I'm back on the Wilco-track, after months of studyi.... ehm... living the student life :yay

How's life on the east side of the border?

LOL :lol It's fantastic, married life is wonderful :wub It's great to see you back in here, hope you're gonna post a bit more again from now on :yes

:w00t Marijn! F*ck, I knew we should've gone :( How are things over there?

I saw you scurrying to and fro that night trying to get your vinyl YHF signed, Marijn! Of course I had no idea that was you or I would have said hi. :pirate

See Dunja? When in doubt, you should always go to the show and ask questions later! (Haha.) :)

I saw you scurrying to and fro that night trying to get your vinyl YHF signed, Marijn! Of course I had no idea that was you or I would have said hi. :pirate

See Dunja? When in doubt, you should always go to the show and ask questions later! (Haha.) :)

Yeah, that was a bit shameless, wasn't it? :shifty