What Light / AMC Commercial

Um, this is gonna probably be the equivalent to throwing gasoline on a fire, but I just saw a commercial for this month's movies on the American Movie Classic network and the clips were set to What Light.

Now I really wonder about commercial several weeks ago on the MHD channel in which the artwork was very reminiscent of the SBS cover art.

I watch way too much TV...

1_0126feat.jpg

Damn, I miss my '71 Pinto Runabout (with the pair of vise-grips tightened down for the gearshift). :cryin

Lovingly nicknamed "The Thrasher".

I think Wilco was in an AMC ad some other time, too. AGIB release, I think. Can't remember what song (ALTWYS?).

indeed

i remember that. it was cool. this is equally cool. more wilco out there = more wilco to acidentally stumble across when flipping channels.

indeed

i remember that. it was cool. this is equally cool. more wilco out there = more wilco to acidentally stumble across when flipping channels.

I'm almost positive it was used during a Martin Scorsasse film. It wasn't direct by Martin i don't think it was a film about his life long work. Like a documentary about him or something like that. I remember i wanted to see it and missed it.

I remember when everyone was real excited and thought it was cool when "She's A Jar." was in Girl Interrupted.

This could do more to spoil a song for me than the VW commercials ever could. It plays during the movie?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You guys know Tweedy's kids are doing commercials for Quaker's, right? I tried to put a link to the story here, not sure if it worked. I was never interested in chats so I don't know how this all works, but this VW thing annoys me so much I had to start. Anyway, if the link doesn't work, the story's on pitchfork.com, or type in "Quaker Tweedy on a yahoo search, and you'll get the story.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu5O3PohGVaAA...ker-oats/page_1[/url]