Dream Wilco Cover Song?

Guest ChooChooCharlie
No offense intended, but

:throwup

None taken..Why can't I ever find that smiley where the guy is pounding on the floor laughing as it is most appropriate in this case :D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChooChooCharlie

Oh you know what might be good..Blur's "There's no other way" or The La's "There she goes" (which was covered by- Six Pense non the richer- who you might be more familiar with as they were a bit more commercially successful)

I've always thought that melody was so pretty...

Wait..OMG!! Are you guys familiar with Julie and Buddy Miller? Julie Miller does a tune on the "Songcatchers" soundtrack called "All my tears".. what a Fucking BEAUTIFUL song!! The Jeff/John harmonies would be outstanding..

Damn..I LOVE this game!!! :lol

Television - Marquee Moon

Elton John - Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy

I know 2 title tracks, but I can totally see Jeff and Nels rip up Marquee Moon.

Thanks,

Kristofor

Guest ChooChooCharlie
Wait..OMG!! Are you guys familiar with Julie and Buddy Miller? Julie Miller does a tune on the "Songcatchers" soundtrack called "All my tears".. what a Fucking BEAUTIFUL song!! The Jeff/John harmonies would be outstanding.

Which then makes me wonder what they would do with Mindy Smith's "Come to Jesus"..Ok.. now I am completely out of control..This thread is making me SO HAPPY!!.. but I think I may need a valium in a few minutes :D

I'm also a HUGH Bowie fan, but for whatever reason, I am not feeling my current songwriting hero covering my lifetime songwriting hero..I'm not putting one before the other mind you..It's just that my emotional attachment to Bowie spans across many more decades is all..Give it time :-)

Guest ChooChooCharlie

Ok..now I'm like a woman on the edge as random songs are just jumping in and out of my head making it impossible for me to focus on my tasks at hand today..

Richard Hell and the Voi-doids "Blank Generation" and Generation X's "Ready Steady Go". Good thing I have a doctors appointment in less than an hour..Perhaps I'll ask for some ADD meds.. :D

Guest ChooChooCharlie

Forgot about James Gang/Joe Walsh.."Walk away" or "Rocky Mountain Way"..Theres also "Lifes been good" (particular favorite of mine)

Mountain's "Mississippi Queen"

Guest ChooChooCharlie
they did No Depression back in 2001

But isn't that a cover? Maybe Tweedy should extend the olive branch by covering one of Jays originals..Just saying :D

Or Vise Versa..either way..

Does anyone remember Urban Dance Squad's "Deeper Shade of soul"? That would be fun...

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Kitty's Back or Rosalita

Grateful Dead - Box Of Rain or Eyes Of The World would be amazing, and pretty realistic covers, was surprised they didn't cover any Dead when they were playing after Ratdog

The Police - So Lonely

Ramones - Pet Sematary

i would love to hear them do Marquee Moon, but at the same time it's so similar to ALTWYS, that it'd be kind of..pointless.

they should play Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft by Klaatu. or Bring on the Lucie by John Lennon. or maybe Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder by Frank Zappa.

but definitely Slow Ride by Foghat.

Guest ChooChooCharlie
but definitely Slow Ride by Foghat.

:rock

GREAT SONG!

A few Foreigner tracks come to mind as well, but then I think..nah..love the band, but hard to imagine say "Double Vision" or "Jukebox Hero" translating that well..

Maybe "Cherry Bomb" by the Runnaways?

Guest ChooChooCharlie

I'm hearing a lot of people mention The Dead..but is Jeff Tweedy a Dead fan? You guys know FAR more than I ever would about the man, but just from the things I've read here and there, he doesn't strike me as a Dead fan at all...Self proclaimed attitude coping former musical elitist indie record store clerk, who would "snear at his customers purchases"..Thats how he described himself as a younger man anyways. I don't know..that just doesn't conjure up an image of Deadhead for me..Of course, you can certainly enjoy a few Dead tunes without being a Deadhead (much like myself), but from an outsiders perspective, it just seems to me like a decision they wouldn't make..Interesting..

Edit: But this thread is about what "Your" dream covers would be not neccessarily what the band would choose right? It's all good in that case...

Guest ChooChooCharlie
What about some sincerely heavy metal bands/songs.

Lets see....

Well, Ratt's "Lay it down" or "You're in Love" (I can't hear them doing "Round and Round")

There's a lot of Aerosmith I can think of, but I've been very fond of "Jaded" for the last few years, which is a more recent track..

I am a Huge Guns and Roses "Appetite for destruction" fan, but not really hearing anything off that record suitable for a Wilco Cover

They could do Motley Crue's "Looks that Kill"..Can't really hear them doing "Shout at the Devil" and no ones's allowed to cover "Livewire" except for me so thats out :D..."Wild Side" would be kick ass!!

They could do Def Leppard's "Bringin On The Heartbreak", but again.."Photograph" belongs to me :D

But, they have my permission to do Motorhead's "Ace of Spades" if they so choose :lol