Leave Me (Like you Found me)

As far as I know, this is the only track on any Wilco studio album yet to be performed live. Anybody have an idea why? It has a nice vibe. They are doing the other mellow tracks from SBS (What Light, SBS, YAMF, although Patient With Me seems to be reserved for solo shows) so I'm surprised Leave Me hasn't yet surfaced live, not even at a Jeff solo show.

At first, I dislike the song, but it has grown on me like all of SBS has. I hope it gets played live, and I would think "Please Be Patient With Me" would be a great set opener because it would start off with Jeff and then each band member joins in on different parts within the song as it happens on the record.

This is one of my favorites on the album as well, maybe as they start playing smaller venues they might mix in some of the quieter stuff on the album, they'll also hopefully be playing longer sets in the near future as well.

--Mike

Allow me to join the chorus of those that haven't been able to get into this song. After listening to this album over the last couple of months, this is the one song that I'm always tempted to skip. It doesn't really seem to fit. It kind of stops the album dead in its tracks before it picks up again with "Walken." So, it isn't much of a surprise to me that it is the one song that hasn't been played yet.

It's also a little frustrating, because "The Thanks I Get" is a far better song and would have worked great in that spot.

This is all my opinion, of course.