• 9 months later...
What are convenient fees?

They charge you that if you buy the tickets online. It's convenient for you to buy them online rather then going down to an outlet, so they charge you. :hmm

I went on TM a little while ago to see if the third St. Louis show is sold out yet (it's not), and the code it made me type was "brilliant Leroy" :yay

I'm surprised they didn't charge you an irony fee. :shifty

My ticket for the third St Louis show ended up being $40.45 after fees. I'm not against paying an extra $5 to save me a trip to the physical box office. But I don't think I'd pay more than $10.

The tickets for the shows are the Pageant are $28 face, so you actually did pay more than $10 in fees--you paid 44% of the ticket price in fees.

I don' think there is anything worse than playing a building facility charge when you are sitting on the lawn for a pavillion show. PNC Arts Center in NJ charges a $6 building facility charge even if you are sitting on the lawn! What building would I be using sitting on the lawn?!? Doesn't say facility charge which would be rediculous too but a building facility charge! Doesn't the venue get a cut of the ticket price anyways?

:frusty

I don' think there is anything worse than playing a building facility charge when you are sitting on the lawn for a pavillion show. PNC Arts Center in NJ charges a $6 building facility charge even if you are sitting on the lawn! What building would I be using sitting on the lawn?!? Doesn't say facility charge which would be rediculous too but a building facility charge! Doesn't the venue get a cut of the ticket price anyways?

:frusty

Do they not have to maintain the lawn?

I understand the convenience argument by ticketmaster - they would say if you don't like it, go to the venue and buy the tickets. But if anyone here has ever gone to a venue to get tickets, the odds of actually getting a good seat while some 16 year old kid behind the counter tries to figure out how to bring up the right event and process the transaction is zero. Pearl Jam definitely had it right in 1996... its just too bad no other big band took the crusade to the next level.

And re: the building fee... I just don't understand that. Isn't the band already paying for the building when they book a gig there or doesn't the venue already take a certain % of tickets sold... I can assure that the venues are still getting theirs when tickets are sold with no building fee.

I understand the convenience argument by ticketmaster - they would say if you don't like it, go to the venue and buy the tickets. But if anyone here has ever gone to a venue to get tickets, the odds of actually getting a good seat while some 16 year old kid behind the counter tries to figure out how to bring up the right event and process the transaction is zero. Pearl Jam definitely had it right in 1996... its just too bad no other big band took the crusade to the next level.

And re: the building fee... I just don't understand that. Isn't the band already paying for the building when they book a gig there or doesn't the venue already take a certain % of tickets sold... I can assure that the venues are still getting theirs when tickets are sold with no building fee.

I will use the PNC Arts Center as an example once more. I once thought I could save a bundle going to the box office at the venue. I get there wait in line and walla still a service charge almost as high as online?! How is this? Well the box office rep explained to me it is not a venue box office but a ticketmaster location thus they are not service charge free. I laughed then said ok if that is so I would like to buy a ticket for a show in NYC. A long silence ensued. Nope I can only can sell you tickets for events at the PNC!? You see the problem here?! :fish

I do not work for TM or a venue although I do have some experience with them. All I am saying is that when a band plays at 1st Ave and there is no building charge, that doesn't mean that first ave is letting them play for free. The charge for the building is already built into the ticket... so my point is how is it OK to build the price into the ticket then charge a facility charge?

I do not work for TM or a venue although I do have some experience with them. All I am saying is that when a band plays at 1st Ave and there is no building charge, that doesn't mean that first ave is letting them play for free. The charge for the building is already built into the ticket... so my point is how is it OK to build the price into the ticket then charge a facility charge?

How do you know that the building charge is built into the ticket price when Ticketmaster does the ticket sales?