Outtasite made my night ... well made my stellar night even better.

I got good pics of Low (the Navy Captain's Pump Organ!) but once Wilco and the lighting came up, my shots were looking pretty crappy -- except this one:

622905151_3e12f66f23.jpg

Knowing there's always better photographers than me, I put my camera away and enjoyed the show. There's alot of pictures of Jeff featured on people's cell phones across the northeast today.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of...Atticus I lifted a few of your's...hope ya don't mind ;)

We took practically the SAME shots, but your's were just better :D

I should also mention I snagged the set list off Jeff's monitor directly after the show...with a funny story

So I was waiting in line since like 12:30, and five minutes before doors open a kid tries to cut us (third and fourth in line...), after I ask him to leave he does, but manages (somehow) to get in front of us for the show, only until the shifting of the crowd started however. And after the show, he crawled onstage and tried to get the set list, security scolded him. I'm 6'4" and have a pretty long reach, so I grabbed it, after he loosened the tape up a bit haha!

I should also mention I snagged the set list off Jeff's monitor directly after the show...with a funny story

So I was waiting in line since like 12:30, and five minutes before doors open a kid tries to cut us (third and fourth in line...), after I ask him to leave he does, but manages (somehow) to get in front of us for the show, only until the shifting of the crowd started however. And after the show, he crawled onstage and tried to get the set list, security scolded him. I'm 6'4" and have a pretty long reach, so I grabbed it, after he loosened the tape up a bit haha!

Dang. That kid was determined...and also a little rude.

The one and only wilco set list I got was from the ryman show and i had to dive to get it.... had a bruise the size of the baseball on my arm the next day, but man that set list is cool.

Your pictures are awesome Walken!

love, me. enjoy

Kick ass!!! Nice how you got all six of them in there, too!!! :thumbup

Btw, anyone else ever notice the similarities between Pat and Dana Carvey's "choppin' broccoli" character?!? ;)

Guitar Solo on Impossible Germany. I had the camera sideways for the first half. Oops.

Hey could you tell me what the 7th song is? all you have is wilco at pines new tune... i'm trying to remember it but can't seem too... i clicked the menu and on the 7th one it has like 30 seconds of it... thanks for any help!!

Hey guys,

Great show the other night. I took a couple videos to remember the show until the MTV/VH1 broadcast. Nice pictures and video posted already too. Wilco is one band that only seems to get better each time I see them.

- War on War

- I'm The Man Who Loves You

- Spiders (Kidsmoke) Part 1

- Spiders (Kidsmoke) Part 2

- Heavy Metal Drummer

I'm sorry, but you just sound like an asshole yourself.

Poor Places is relatively rare these days, no?

I was surprised by how many people hadn't heard of Low, and how poorly they seemed to be received. Although I don't think Low really played a good setlist for an outdoor show. Apart from "Canada" they didn't really pull out too many of their more sonically aggressive numbers.

Low is a fairly low key group and frankly not a great opener. As expected they lost the crowd about halfway through their set, by taking too long between songs. They played a bunch of numbers I expected (though I dont' know their entire catalogue) and I figured they would do their usual low key shtick, which frankly comes across better on record than in person (this is my second time seeing them of late.) I know they are friends of Wilco's I suppose, but a bit more energetic group would have held the crowd who in fact were very respectful during most of the set, until the slow and lowkey songs tried most fans patience and they started to talk. I have seen Wilco fans be far worse to opening acts.

Lou? On the MTV? I love it!
Actually the older guy wasn't me......I was about 5 rows back.

Had a great time, met Atticus I think (Paul???) and WilcoWorshiper. The entire band was really enjoying themselves including Mikael who cracked quite a few smiles during the set and Nels who seemed particularly focused and having fun. Jeff was a stitch as usual when he got going. Particularly handing out the sweatbands to the band.

This was a particularly nice setting as well. My friend Chris who was further back on the lawn, opting for a piece of lawn during the early part of the show said the sound was impecable, which was also pretty good closer to the front as well. I really would recommend this place to see any show. The pines in the background (hence the name the Pines) a seen in the pic of Nels were a beautiful backdrop. Everyone looked so happy to be there and those near me were saying that the last time Wilco played there he said it was his favorite place to play. The weather was perfect, Jeff jumped out into the crowd for the Hummingbird dance and it was a fab night all around.

I do now like seeing Wilco away from home. Meeting new and different fans is very fun. vGreat time. My furthest Wilco show from Chicago. Now if they would just play Chicago....(guess I am glad I didn't go to NYC, not that I had that option...)

LouieB

Another great show this year. I think I liked last year's show at the Pines a little better, but I think that's because it was my first Wilco show and I was so excited. I really enjoyed some of the songs I hadn't heard before, especially Poor Places. I also really liked Spiders this year, even though it's never been one of my favorites before. I was so happy they opened with Either Way! I didn't think they'd play it, so I was thrilled to hear those first notes of it at the start of the show.

My friends and I were about halfway back right in the middle. I was glad to break in my new camera at the show, and I took videos of part of Either Way and Jesus Etc. I'll post a few pictures when I get back home later in the week. Tonight I'm headed back to the Pines to see Bob Dylan.

Glad to hear there's a recording of this already. I can't wait to hear it!

Low is a fairly low key group and frankly not a great opener. As expected they lost the crowd about halfway through their set, by taking too long between songs. They played a bunch of numbers I expected (though I dont' know their entire catalogue) and I figured they would do their usual low key shtick, which frankly comes across better on record than in person (this is my second time seeing them of late.) I know they are friends of Wilco's I suppose, but a bit more energetic group would have held the crowd who in fact were very respectful during most of the set, until the slow and lowkey songs tried most fans patience and they started to talk. I have seen Wilco fans be far worse to opening acts.

Actually the older guy wasn't me......I was about 5 rows back.

Had a great time, met Atticus I think (Paul???) and WilcoWorshiper. The entire band was really enjoying themselves including Mikael who cracked quite a few smiles during the set and Nels who seemed particularly focused and having fun. Jeff was a stitch as usual when he got going. Particularly handing out the sweatbands to the band.

This was a particularly nice setting as well. My friend Chris who was further back on the lawn, opting for a piece of lawn during the early part of the show said the sound was impecable, which was also pretty good closer to the front as well. I really would recommend this place to see any show. The pines in the background (hence the name the Pines) a seen in the pic of Nels were a beautiful backdrop. Everyone looked so happy to be there and those near me were saying that the last time Wilco played there he said it was his favorite place to play. The weather was perfect, Jeff jumped out into the crowd for the Hummingbird dance and it was a fab night all around.

I do now like seeing Wilco away from home. Meeting new and different fans is very fun. vGreat time. My furthest Wilco show from Chicago. Now if they would just play Chicago....(guess I am glad I didn't go to NYC, not that I had that option...)

LouieB

Nice to meet you Lou.

My Wilco pics mostly sucked, but here's some good ones of Low. We were debating up front whether these guys are brahs. Inconclusive.

622905201_901efb0e62.jpg

622905189_cac264a485.jpg

622905227_2ab0892fa8.jpg

and a fuzzy one of this happy guy, for good measure...

622905239_0e4f5751dd.jpg

first off, here's my video of

and here's a couple of shots of the moment of jeff serenading the older fellow mentioned above... who I was lucky enough to meet while in line. he's diehard fan.

hopefully, his daughter (hi becky!) will come on here and tell the story much better than I can!

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg